• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

branding the pre loader

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice on the trial of Presenter 7, published files plat a short preloader before the player panel is loaded that says "Adobe Presenter Loading" Can this preloader be changed or branded with clients logo?
Thanks
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search Presenter help on "Change SWF loading text". That should be helpful. BTW, all you can change is the text that comes up. The icon can't be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2008 Jun 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.. that works great. thanks catholicon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2008 Jun 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.. that works great. thanks catholicon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change the preload text from "Adobe Presenter" to "Loading", but I'm not having any luck.

I searched in the help and found that if you modify the presentation's vconfig.xml file to include the following line, it should update:

<uitext name=”ADOBE_PRESENTER” value=”Loading”/>

I've tried it many times and I still can't get it to change - it keeps saying "Adobe Presenter" rather than my custom text (Loading).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem. In addition-I tried to change the text for all presentations. When you follow those instruction and try to publish from ppoint 2007, a dialogue box appears saying that you cannot save the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@charlesroper:
I think you are updating the vconfig.xml file in your published presentation. If thats so, then be sure that you don't publish the presentation again as it would overwrite you changes.

BTW, if you want to update the text for the contents published in the future, you would need to update language.xml file in your Local Settings folder.

Morever, make sure that you put this text line in all the locale where you would like to see the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lophat_Cheese: I experienced the same thing as you (a dialogue box appears saying that you cannot save the presentation). Perhaps this is just a problem with PowerPoint 2007?

@catholicon: I did exactly as you said and I didn't re-publish the presentation (which would have over-written the updated file. Still, no dice. Also, I've searched in my Local Settings folder and cannot find vtextmapping.xml.

Has anyone successfully made this change while using PowerPoint 2007?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely an issue here with powerpoint 2007. I have tried to change the local and global settings as discussed and same bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes... i get the same error when publishing after trying to modify in local settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2008 Jun 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all my apologies for giving the wrong file name. Its actually language.xml and NOT vtextmapping.xml. I have updated my post accordingly.

I tried to doing it and it worked in both the cases.

Although, while doing that I noticed that I couldn't simply copy paste the text from the help document. I had to correct the double quotes. But in that case only publishing and changing themes were creating problems.

For illustration purposes, this is how a snippet from my vconfig.xml/language.xml looks like afer change.
quote:

<language id="en">
<uitext name="DOCWRAP_MSG" value="Save to My Computer"/>
<uitext name="DOCWRAP_PROMPT" value="Click to Download"/>
<uitext name="ADOBE_PRESENTER" value="Changed text"/>
</language>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lophat_Cheese:
I guess you might like to add what didn't work out last time. It would help the other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explaining it - I got it to work. The only thing I changed was putting that line at the end of the locale in language.xml rather than at the beginning (which may have been causing problems before). So my recommendation is to follow catholicon's post at 06/28/2008 03:07:08 PM to achieve the custom loading text.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain how you did it in detail - really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes... catholicon's helpful example nails it on the head. It does seem to matter WHERE you add the line of text. You can also add it under the SLIDE NOTES line and it will work, but I also had a problem with it not working when adding the entry at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have tried this and it does not work. I use Windows XP and Office 2007. I inserted the line as you said in the language.xml file in the Themes folder, using Notepad. Also I wonder where to put the code
<uitext name="LOGOCLICKURL" value="myURL"/>
Very thankful for good advice.
Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOGOCLICKURL can be put as a sibling node to ADOBE_PRESENTER.

I am surprised that your case is not working. Can you try doing this on some published presentation's vconfig.xml? Moreover, would it be possible to upload the content to some server and share the link, so that we might be able to find the root cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks a lot for a quick reply!
I inserted these two lines:
<uitext name="ADOBE_PRESENTER" value="CARD"/>
<uitext name="LOGOCLICKURL" value="www.card.coop"/>

at the place where you suggested (last in the <language id="en"> section. The three last lines in that section looks like this:
<uitext name="DOCWRAP_PROMPT" value="Click to Download"/>
<uitext name="ADOBE_PRESENTER" value="CARD"/>
<uitext name="LOGOCLICKURL" value="www.card.coop"/>
</language>
Here is the published outcome: https://admin.emea.acrobat.com/_a757887280/intro/
Greatful for your good advice!
Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2008 Jul 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that your chnage didn't propogate to the presentation's vconfig.xml.

Can you see ADOBE_PRESENTER and LOGOCLICKURL in 'ModifyTextLabels' of Theme Editor. (Presenter Menu > Settings > Theme Editor > Modify Text Labels)? (This is done during authoring time in powerpoint

BTW, I would also like you to see if these 2 uitext nodes work out if they are put in published presentation's vconfig.xml (<presentation publish path>\data\vconfig.xml).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Here some answers and some more info.

Can you see ADOBE_PRESENTER and LOGOCLICKURL in 'ModifyTextLabels' of Theme Editor.
-- NO, I CANNOT SEE THOSE.

BTW, I would also like you to see if these 2 uitext nodes work out if they are put in published presentation's vconfig.xl.
-- NO, THEY STILL DO NOT WORK OUT.

There might be something wrong with the file? when I tried opening the language.xml in the XML-editor within Internet Explorer I got an error message saying something about a wrong code.

What would your recommendations be in this case?

Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,
Do you happen to know about an easy to use XML-editor and debugger? I think I have to go through the file to see that everything is as it should. And a good tool for this would be handy.

Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the error (IE) come even if you remove those 2 nodes?

What is the error that IE gives?

Are you trying to copy the text from the Presenter help document? (I noticed sometime back that it had a different quotation-mark character which was wrong)

I would recommend to:
(1) open untouched (undo-ed) language.xml.
(2) Duplicate any uitext node and change the relevant strings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots. I, personally use Notepad++ with XML plugin. eXml is another that I had used once.

BTW, Google should be a friend here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your good advice. Now I will work on this and report back when things work swell.

Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have reinstalled Presenter. I am using a fresh language.xml. And still the code does not come through. (Using Notepad ++ with XML plug in when inserting the code.) Would it be so that the code snippets should be placed at certain exact spots? Till now I have inserted them at the end before </language> (en i.e.). All hints are very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources