• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Safe mode or repair?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new folder within Project Manager. I named it (administration) and clicked off of it and RH7 froze. It will now display the "hourglass" I killed the project through task manager and reopened it. It opens fine, but when I click on anything I get the hourglass again. I rebooted the computer and it still does it. I went into Windows Explorer and removed the offending folder - still won't work.

Is there a "safe mode", repair or rollback that can be done to correct this? I am at a loss at what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the CPD in a copy of the project and then reopen it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, You are wonderful! Worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick and accurate response.

Brook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Peter. That worked, but now every time I try to create a new folder, I get the hourglass. I does create them, but I have to shut down RH7 and bring it back up. What could be the underlying problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brook

What you seem to be describing is how things might behave and fall apart if your project were stored on a network drive. Is it? If so, move that puppy to your local C drive and watch the frustrations melt away like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick - However I already suffered throught the network drive problems long ago. This is stored locally.

It all started when I tried to create a new folder. The only thing that I did different then other times is that I accidently clicked on a folder rather quickly after re-naming the new one. It had not completed the process. Other then that, I've been doing the same thing - locally for a long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp