• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How exactly is Adobe Flash Player installed?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 64 bit computers that are part of a domain and the various users use. They mostly use IE 11 or Chrome to use applications that require and updated version of Adobe Flash player. If I updated Flash Player by way of Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  on IE 11 using my domain account, is it installed for any user that logs on to the computer, or do they have to install it themselves as well?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is installed for all the users on that machine. If Adobe Flash Player is installed by any one user, it is available for use for all users.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

While you can certainly use the installer from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  it is a shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background, as such an internet connection is required when using the shim installer.  This installer is not meant for enterprise distribution, which appears to be what you want to do.  Adobe offers non-shim installers for enterprise distribution via licensing Flash Player (free for most use cases) for enterprise distribution.  More information is available at the following resources:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines