Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide Books in TOC.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Project Description:- Combined Webhelp for 3 products.

Tool Using :- RoboHelp 7

Project Layout:-

Master TOC

Introduction
TOC1(placeholder, related to Product1)
TOC2(placeholder, related to Product2)
TOC3(placeholder, related to Product3)
Contact Information

Folder Structure:-

WebHelp (Main Folder)
WebHelp/Product1 (for product1 with pages pertaining to TOC1)
WebHelp/Product2 (for product2 with pages pertaining to TOC2)
WebHelp/Product3 (for product3 with pages pertaining to TOC3)

Required Output:-

If "WebHelp/Product2" does not exist in "WebHelp folder", the master TOC should be like.

Introduction
TOC1(placeholder, related to Product1)
TOC3(placeholder, related to Product3)
Contact Information

In Master.HHC (RoboHelp TOC File), The code is as fallows at the first placeholder.

<param name="Name" value="TOC1">
<param name="TOC" value="TOC1">

Do we have a parameter to Hide(visible,enable) the TOC1? If yes on what conditions can we hide it?

Can we hide/disable it if the "WebHelp/Product2" subfolder doesnt exist in WebHelp(mainfolder)?

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still on X502 myself, but haven't I heard here that RH7 allows the use of multiple TOCs? That might be the solution if it does.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rkinfoarch

Are you talking about something dynamic that will happen after you ship it all? Or are you instead asking if it's possible to create custom Tables of Contents for each iteration of your help?

If it's the former, I'm doubtful it will work for you unless you choose to deploy a merged WebHelp system. If it's the latter, you use Conditional Build Tags combined with a Conditional Build Expression to achieve the TOC structure you wish to see. Any topic excluded using this method will also disappear from the TOC structure.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r,

Its a bit of former, I'll try to explain.

We have a Platform Application, on which the other 3 products will be installed. Now it could be any random product/products out of the 3 products which will be installed on Platform Application.

The idea is to have a single WebHelp for the Platform Application including the 3 products, which should be intelligent enough to identify the installed product/products and also show only that TOC (Books/pages) for the product/products installed.

Now, all the help link URLs (individual page/Webhelp) for platform and 3 products are specified in the Platform.

My approach(trying) was to create 3 sub-folders in the Webhelp (main folder), one for each product. And to make placeholders for products TOCs(toc1, toc2, toc3) to be visible in the Main TOC only if the sub-folder of the related product is there in Webhelp(main folder).

Please let me know if my approach is all wrong and also I would like to know more on Merged WebHelp System if you really think it'll help my problem.

Hope I was clear enough to make you understand.

Thanks a tonn.

rkinfoarch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I would highly recommend reviewing fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site.

Click here for the authority when it comes to Merging WebHelp!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

The idea is to have a single WebHelp for the Platform Application including the 3 products, which should be intelligent enough to identify the installed product/products and also show only that TOC (Books/pages) for the product/products installed.

The "intelligence" that will be required is your developers' expertise. If you're going to supply the merged WebHelp for all three products, the developers will need to establish user privileging based on only those products that have been licensed on users' machines.

Get them involved now...

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp