• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash update 23.0.0.162 for Mac hangs at 95%

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook pro retina on macOS Sierra 10.12 and I tried to update to Flash update 23.0.0.162 and upon installation, it hangs at 95%.

How can i get this update to successfully install?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Hi m_vargas, I was able to get it installed doing the following :

1) uninstall flash completely

2) restart computer

3) install newest flash

4) restart computer

This allowed the installer to finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we'll need to get some log files from you to investigate the failure.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  and provide all 4 files listed.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Separately, 23.0.0.185 is the latest version, released earlier this week.  Unless there's a compelling reason to use the previous version, it's recommended to use the latest version which contains bug and security vulnerability fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m_vargas.  I was mistaken, it is the version 23.0.0.185 that I was trying to update which is causing issues.

Below are my files.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/8e735a0d-4d0e-4328-a60f-2aa42d5c578c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.  Unfortunately, the log files are not recording any error so it's difficult to determine what's going on.  I'd like for you to try installing Flash Player using the standalone installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.  If that also hangs/fails, provide an update FlashPlayerInstallManager.log and install.log file.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria, Unfortunately, that did not work.  I even tried installing for Chromium based browsers and that did not work as well.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7f9fef4b-e193-4e88-a3d5-6909441cb70f

Is there a way to roll back to an earlier version and then upgrade? 

Now that I think of it, I believe I may have needed to install a legacy adobe product in order for my Adobe Illustrator CS6 after upgrading to macOS Sierra. It may have been flash. could that be causing the issue now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue with the install seemingly hung at 95% and I finally noticed that there was a popup window behind my Finder window requesting authorization. Once I found it and authorized the install, it completed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stevek83696196 ,

Did you get two authorization prompts, or only one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m_vargas, I was able to get it installed doing the following :

1) uninstall flash completely

2) restart computer

3) install newest flash

4) restart computer

This allowed the installer to finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you were able to solve the issue install Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Steve, I only saw one auth prompt at the beginning and it didn't help move this along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines