• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix Flash installation fails at 90%

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MAC OSX 10.11.3 and bring to install Flash 23.0.0.185.

I have performed the complete removal process downloaded a fresh Adobe Flsh Player Install file

The installation progresses to 90% then fails.

This happens for every attempt wether I make sure the system s completely clean of any previous Flash or not.

Need help on what is the trick to getting this installed on this El Capitan system

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  and provide ALL 4 files listed (Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, install.log, and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log).  Please review the FAQ first before doing anything and go through the installation process again to ensure the logs you'll provide are for the same installation attempt. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria:

I have the exact same problem with my Macintosh and it started on the same day October 20th as above writers situation.  Following your response, I have uploaded the files you requested.  I hope you can help my situation.   For file 1, when I ran the installer, nothing recorded in console, what I included is everything from turning on the computer to when I ran the install program.  Files 2-3-4 are duplicates of the original files.

my computer:   iMac Mid 2010     8MB ram      OS= 10.11.6  El Capitan

Background:   Thursday I was using acrobat pro 9.5.5 and received an Adobe dialog requesting I do a security update.  I decided to wait as I was in the middle of something and choose not to update at that moment.   Shortly afterwards Acrobat crashed (until then the program had worked reliably for years).  Confused I went to my Elements program and that crashed.  So then I went to Flash thinking updating might restore whatever was amiss.  The update stopped at 90%.  I ran the adobe un-install program for flash, totally removing and it still stops at 90%.  So Somehow that dismissing the security dialog box seems to have resulted in a total denial of use of all adobe software on my computer.

I uploaded to https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/0389e1c9-f982-4574-bc88-5d745da56898

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Quelqu'un parle-t-il français ou y a t il un forum en français ? My english is very poor...

A la mise à jour de Flash sur mon Mac OS el Capitan 10.11.6, j'ai eu le même problème et sur le site à consulter, je ne comprends pas ce qu'il faut faire...

Mon installation s'arrête à 90% quelle que soit mon action, j'ai essayé aussi après des-installation de la version installée, et rien n'y fait...

Merci si quelqu'un peut m'aider...

Thinks for help in french if is possible...

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mariep30469451

To confirm the error you are getting, please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file for the same installation attempt.  Review the FAQ then configure your system to obtain both log files.  Run the installer until it fails.  Then upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je suis à l'aide d'une base internet traducteur. Espérons que cela fonctionne.

Merci à vous tous qui ont fourni des idées pour vous aider. Il m'a aidé en tenant compte des prochaines étapes et de la résolution s'est bien différente de celle que j'attendais.

J'avais une requête dans l'application Adobe forums concernant l'impossibilité de mettre à jour ou télécharger Flash et plusieurs autres ont signalé le même problème de l'installateur s'arrêtant à 90  %. Le personnel Adobe personne indiquée c'était un problème d'exploitation, que le programme était à la recherche de quelque chose qui n'était pas là. La personne avec la question enfin compris qu'en réinstallant le Capitan tout fonctionnait et certains comportements bizarres ont disparu. C'est la façon de le faire (par richardday108) :

Il s'agit d'installer sur son macOS existante, pas une installation propre :

SAUVEGARDER, une bonne assurance (même si l'OS ne change pas réinstaller ou supprimer.)
Puis, après la sauvegarde,
Commande-R pendant le redémarrage (appuyez sur ensemble après le carillon,
Sélectionnez Réinstaller Mac OS X (ou des mots à cet effet).

Vous avez besoin d'avoir accès à Internet et rendez-vous sur le coin en haut à droite pour vous connecter puis entrer manuellement vos modems (long ?) mot de passe. Je ne sais pas pourquoi, pour l'internet depuis la reprise d'exploitation est sur votre disque dur ; il devrait y avoir une partition de récupération, c'est de Keg55 (niveau 6 dans ces forums Apple) ..... Vous pouvez vérifier la partition existe en allant à la borne, tapant diskutil list et la ligne 3 va dire Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650Mo

alors que le rechargement du OS prend plus d'une heure, il en valait la peine. Tous mes problèmes ont été résolus. Adobe Chargement Flash, Acrobat Pro et les éléments que j'ai sont maintenant très vieux programmes je sais, mais ils ont chargé et travailler à nouveau sans avoir à réinstaller. Pourquoi le système corrompu est un mystère.

The French is from Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL

Hopefully the translator was accurate and nothing bad.  The original English follows:

Thank you all who provided ideas for help.  It helped me in considering next steps and resolution came far differently than I expected.

I had a query in the Adobe forums regarding being unable to update or load Flash and several others reported the same problem of the installer stopping at 90%.  The Adobe staff person indicated it was an OS issue, that the program was looking for something that wasn't there.  The person with the issue finally figured out that by reinstalling El Capitan everything was functioning and some odd behaviors disappeared.  This is how to do it (by richardday108):

This is  installing over one's existing macOS, NOT a clean install:

BACK UP, (good insurance even though the OS reinstall does not change or delete.)

Then, AFTER BACKING UP,

Command-R while restarting (press together after the chime)

Select Reinstall Mac OS X (or words to that effect). 

You need to have internet access and go to the top right corner to connect and then manually input your modems (long?) password.  I don't know why for the internet since the recovery OS is on your HD;   there should be a boot recovery partition, this is from keg55 (level 6 in the Apple forums) ..... you can verify the partition exists by going to Terminal, typing       diskutil list    and line 3 will say Apple_Boot recovery HD  650MB

While reloading the OS takes over an hour, it was worth it.  All my Adobe problems were solved.  Flash loaded, Acrobat Pro and Elements which I have are now very old programs I know, but they loaded and work again without reinstalling.  Why the system corrupted is a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour votre réponse.

Je viens de ré-essayer avec un lien que m'a donné Deezer et là, ça se plante à 35% et voilà le install.log de la console ci-dessous.

Je vais ré-essayer avec l'autre lien et vous envoyer le log aussi...

Pour l'instant, ça ne fonctionne toujours pas...

Merci beaucoup cependant !

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: JS: Flash Player Install: Performing volume check for /

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: JS: Flash Player Install: Volume check passed.

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Product archive /Volumes/Flash Player/Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe Flash Player.pkg trustLevel=202

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: -[IFDInstallController(Private) _buildInstallPlanReturningError:]: location = file://localhost

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: -[IFDInstallController(Private) _buildInstallPlanReturningError:]: file://localhost/Volumes/Flash%20Player/Install%20Adobe%20Flash%20Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe%20Flash%20Player.pkg#AdobeFlashPlayerComponent.pkg

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Set authorization level to root for session

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Administrator authorization granted.

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Will use PK session

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Using authorization level of root for IFPKInstallElement

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Starting installation:

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Configuring volume "Macintosh HD"

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Preparing disk for local booted install.

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Free space on "Macintosh HD": 910,52 Go (910523789312 bytes).

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: Create temporary directory "/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/T//Install.2482Nmp8n7"

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installer[2482]: IFPKInstallElement (1 packages)

Oct 24 19:57:05 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: Adding client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=2482, uid=0 (/usr/sbin/installer)

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 installer[2482]: PackageKit: Enqueuing install with framework-specified quality of service (utility)

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: request=PKInstallRequest <1 packages, destination=/>

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: packages=(

"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/Volumes/Flash%20Player/Install%20Adobe%20Flash%20Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe%20Flash%20Player.pkg#AdobeFlashPlayerComponent.pkg>"

)

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: Extracting file://localhost/Volumes/Flash%20Player/Install%20Adobe%20Flash%20Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe%20Flash%20Player.pkg#AdobeFlashPlayerComponent.pkg (destination=/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/07D7CAAE-8270-441B-ADB3-7D7F18BD7604.activeSandbox/Root, uid=0)

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: prevent user idle system sleep

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: suspending backupd

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 install_monitor[2485]: Temporarily excluding: /Applications, /Library, /System, /bin, /private, /sbin, /usr

Oct 24 19:57:06 pc11 install_monitor[2485]: Re-included: /Applications, /Library, /System, /bin, /private, /sbin, /usr

Oct 24 19:57:07 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: releasing backupd

Oct 24 19:57:07 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: allow user idle system sleep

Oct 24 19:57:07 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX} {

NSFilePath = "/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX";

}

Oct 24 19:57:07 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

Oct 24 19:57:07 pc11 installer[2482]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX}

Oct 24 19:57:07 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=2482, uid=0 (/usr/sbin/installer)

Oct 24 19:57:07 pc11 installd[585]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals

Oct 24 19:57:08 pc11 installer[2482]: Install failed: Le programme d’installation a rencontré une erreur qui a provoqué l’échec de l’installation. Contactez l’éditeur du logiciel pour obtenir de l’aide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the log file.  It is the same issue I suspected.  charlesp63868842  posted (comment #3) that worked for him and someone else.  You can try this solution to see if it works for you or contact Apple for assistance.  Essentially something is wrong with your file system and a required directory is either missing or has the wrong permissions.  This needs to be fixed for Flash Player (and most likely any other software) to be installed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Maria and Charles.

But...

J'ai installé Chrome pour Mac et tout fonctionne... !

Dommage que les éditeurs ne travaillent pas plus ensemble...

Bonne soirée,

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mariep30469451

The reason it works in Chrome is because Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and Chrome uses a different plugin than Safari and Firefox.  You really didn't fix anything, just used a workaround.  I suspect you'll encounter the same issue if you try to install some other software.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Maria,

Oui, je sais, mais je n'ai pas des heures à passer pour chercher des solutions à tous les problèmes informatiques que je rencontre... J'avais pris un Mac pour éviter tout cela justement...

A suivre, on verra !

Merci pour tout en tout cas.

Have a good day !

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mariep30469451

I have used my MAC computer over six years and never encountered this situation.  While we do not know the cause, the reinstallation of the MAC-OS is a lot simpler than any other system and for future updates that may come its best to eliminate known problems while the solution is fresh in mind.

J'ai utilisé mon ordinateur Mac sur six ans et jamais rencontré cette situation. Bien que nous n'en connaissons pas la cause, la réinstallation du MAC-OS est beaucoup plus simple que tout autre système et pour les mises à jour qui peut venir de son mieux pour éliminer les problèmes connus alors que la solution est toute fraîche dans l'esprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je mets ce message pour votre information, si ça devait se reproduire... J'ai résolu le problème !

En effet, j'ai eu un autre problème sur un autre sujet et la résolution de celui-ci m'a permis d'installer enfin Flash comme il faut, je vous donne donc l'astuce pour d'autres personnes : c'était un problème lié au système de protection interne de Mac ! Sous mon os x el capitan 10.11, il suffit seulement de désactiver momentanément cette option. Ceci via le terminal (que l'on trouve en faisant une recherche sous spotlight) puis dans la fenêtre du terminal, en tapant "csrutil disable", cela désactive la sécurité interne. Ensuite, en redémarrant, on peut réinstaller. Puis réactiver la sécurité dans le même utilitaire avec : "csrutil enable".

Voilà !

Merci pour votre aide et bonne journée,

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interesting solution reported by mariep30469451 and be faster than a reload of the OS:

"it was a problem related to the system of internal protection of Mac! Under my OS X El Capitan 10.11, just only temporarily disable this option. This via the Terminal (found by doing a search under spotlight) then in the terminal window, typing "csrutil disable", this disables the internal security. Then, by restarting, you can reinstall. And then reactivate the security in the same utility with: "csrutil enable"."

Only question I have is whether its a permanent solution or a one time solution?

Marie

seule question que j'ai est de savoir si ses une solution permanente ou une solution unique?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling SIP (System Integrity Protection) and then re-enabling it is a short-term solution that'll work as long as SIP is disabled (which is not advised to keep it disabled long term).  The next time you try to install software you'll encounter the same behaviour.  A permanent fix is to fix the file system permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,

C'est temporaire pour permettre l'installation du logiciel concerné. Après, on réactive bien sûr la sécurité (comme noté dans mon message) et tout fonctionne parfaitement de façon pérenne...

J'espère que cela vous aidera, en tout cas, pour moi, Flash est maintenant correctement installé !

Bonne soirée,

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So? What I am seeing is that there is not a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get step by step instructions on how to update or install flash player please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Voilà les étapes :

- il faut tout d'abord désactiver momentanément l'option de sécurité interne "SIP". Ceci via le terminal que l'on trouve en faisant une recherche sous spotlight puis dans la fenêtre du terminal, taper "csrutil disable", cela désactive la sécurité interne.

- Ensuite, vous redémarrer le Mac et vous pourrez installer Flash

- Puis une fois installé, il vaut mieux réactiver cette sécurité dans le même utilitaire Terminal avec la commande : "csrutil enable".

Voilà, c'est tout simple !

Sorry, my english is very "poor"... Je vous écris donc en Français.

Bonne journée

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All,

The re-install of OS X El Capitan with Recovery Mode fixed all the installation issues.

Restart the system and hold the Option+R key until you see loading.

OS X Utilities opens, select Reinstall OS X (make sure you are connected to the network)

System will download from Apple El Capitan (from the Apple Store requires login and password)

It will install and then reboot.

Worked good for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-ran an install using the downloaded standalone installer.

Captured the install from the install.log file.

Copied the other three log files and have uploaded to here:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines