• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize Title Page

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to customize the Default Title page in Printed Documentation. So far, my workaround would be to create a new topic and systematically insert it, but Robohelp offers a <Defaut Title Page>, which could be nice to use...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julien

How exactly are you wanting to customize?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to put more than just the document title with a thick black line underneath. I would want to style it in order to match the rest of the visual of the documentation (background, color, date modified, version number, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After completely formatting your Printed Doc output:

1. Save a copy and rename it something like MyFrontMatter.doc.
2. Strip all content after the TOC.
3. When you generate the next version, generate to something like MyWorkingDoc.doc.
4. Make any formatting tweaks to MyWorkingDoc.doc (page breaks, table widths, etc.).
5. Select All and Copy MyWorkingDoc.doc and Paste it into MyFrontMatter.doc after the TOC.
6. Save as MyPrintedDoc.doc.
7. Update the front page (date, version number, etc.) and the TOC.

This method, while seemingly convoluted, eliminates the need to work with Word templates, which is akin to circling endlessly around three or four outer circles of Hades.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Errr... I think I'll just stick to my method of creating a new topic and updating its custom fields before the generation of the document...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp