• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleted books appear again

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted two books from the library. When I then open a different book, the deleted books appear again and again in the library. How can I remedy this?  I am using ADE 4.5 and a MAC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if has the eBook also in the My Digital Editions Folder in his Documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the e-book file (in addition to removing it from the library within the program) in the folder documents digital editions. When restarted, this is again and again e-book in the library. I don't know why. ADE version 4.5 – MAC System: OS 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You has remove it in the folder and in the program and the eBooks appear always again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s the problem, I removed the books in the folder and in the program and the the eBooks appear always again when I start the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see the trash after deleting also emptied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have emptied after deleting also the trash. The eBooks will reappear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Closed Digital Editions, rename the my digital edition folder to a other name f.e. +.alt and then reopen digital editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the folder of digital editions and open the program again. Result: A new digital editons was created and 22 (instead of 86) books appear. I don't understand anything any more.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this eBooks also the duplicate eBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two duplicate e books are eBooks within the new 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very strange. Sorry but i have no more ID for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help! It was great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jensh,

Did you solve your issue?  I'm having an identical issue (except on Windows 8, not Mac OS X).  When I delete borrowed (and now expired) library books, they keep on reappearing.  I've deleted from ADE itself, from the folder in Windows Explorer where they are saved, and also in the Cloudsync folder.  As I also keep getting files appearing (that looks as if they should be books but aren't) called "Library-Sync-Book-2.acsm" or similar I guess it's something to do with the Cloudsync feature. 

Anyone know of any way to disable this?  ...or, if it isn't this, another fix instead?

Thanks in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its seem i found a solution for you. Uninstall Digital Edition 4.5 and used 4.0 Version:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_4.0_Installer.exe Windows

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_4.0_Installer.dmg Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Nanaky,

Yes - that solution worked beautifully!  (Unfortunately your link seemed to download ADE 4.5 again, but I found v4.0 elsewhere on t'internet instead).

Thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem. I reported it in the past, I've researched solutions, but Adobe is not doing anything to solve this annoying problem. It does not make sense, with all the engineers they have, that years later, this problem is still not solved. So either some engineers at Adobe are playing babyfoot, enjoying nice mokachinos and laughing at us stuck with a broken application OR they receive a directive from incompetent managers to forget about users because, after all, they are just stupid users who cannot use any other software to borrow books from their local libraries...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines