• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed newest adobe flash, but it's not recognized as such. Help!

Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yesterday a website I visit required me to update Adobe Flash to the latest version.

So I did.

I re-open the website and I am asked again to update the flash player to the most recent version!

So I uninstalled the flash player completely, removed all trace of it, rebooted the pc, went back to the adobe site to get a fresh installer,

installed it and ... nope. I still get asked to install the latest version of the flash player!

So now I don't know how to solve this anymore.

I have Windows Vista SP2, Firefox 49.0.1 and the flash player is 23.0.0.185.

Can anyone please help? I can't access any page that needs the flashplayer at the moment.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Found it!

When the flashplayer is outdated Firefox disables the plugin (called Shockwave Flash plugin to add to the confusion ...).

After updating the flash player you have to go to add-ons > plugins and manually set the plugin Shockwave Flash to 'activate'!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it!

When the flashplayer is outdated Firefox disables the plugin (called Shockwave Flash plugin to add to the confusion ...).

After updating the flash player you have to go to add-ons > plugins and manually set the plugin Shockwave Flash to 'activate'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines