• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download PDFs on Android devices

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to download PDFs on Android devices, I placed some PDF documents on a webpage.  I find that they open fine on the desktop and iOS devices.  However, on Android devices, I get a message that the PDF cannot be downloaded. What can I do to remedy this issue?

Screenshot_ PDF failure.png

TOPICS
Android , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wilw7699339

I am sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please let me know the version of Acrobat Reader installed on the device?

What is the version of Android you have?

Please visit this link which explains the same: Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Troubleshooting FAQs

Would it be possible for you to share the address of the link, i have sent you a private message for the same, please respond to that message.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Mine is Galaxy tab A (10.1 in) 8.1.0 version. I couldn't find any adob So I installed pdf reader and adobe acrobat. The version is 18.5.1.8310. Yet I couldn't download it. It says ---  cannot display ...... invalid pdf file.

www.moemoetun.me/win-thit-business-english-words/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not answering the questions that people are asking multiple people are having problems downloading PDF files it is ridiculous that the question cannot be answered and you just keep repeating yourself I have a Galaxy s9 and I cannot download PDF files but on a Galaxy S7 I have no problem a newer phone with updated files and technology should not have a problem with this my Acrobat Reader is up to date my PDF file is up to date and I am still having this problem I would like an exact specific reason why I am having this problem if you cannot answer it don't bother replying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet,  no response...

Same issue,  Galaxy S10+.

Download pdf, unsaved, says:"corrupt". From any source or website. 

Ridicules. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam having the exact same issue with the exception that I am not getting any type of message, error or otherwise.  This was happening with my Galaxy Note 8 beginning over a year ago and now the same issue is occuring withmy Samsung S22 Ultra...  Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. I upgraded my s10+ that would just sit at 0% dow loading pdf for liken10 minutes and never download. I now have s22 ultra and it still does same bs. Is there some cache that is full that needs cleared to allow it to download????? In the past it would open a pdf in like 3 seconds now I could wait 30 minutes and it not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am now getting an error message when trying to open a previously downloaded file.  Also, on occasion I will find a downloaded file the next day.  Sometimes it doesn't show as downloading at all.

It's a mess...I started having these issues with my Note8 and still having these issues with S22 Ultra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with android 6.0

i get this message but i don't know how i can still open the file from download folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashabrown,

Could you please let me know the version of Acrobat Reader installed on your Android device?

Please visit this link on how to check the version of Acrobat Reader on Android: Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Troubleshooting FAQs

Assuming you are trying to download pdf from the website which is mentioned above, would it be possible for you to share the address of the link, i have sent you a private message for the same, please respond to that message.

Hi SofieJ69 ,

Are you not able to open any pdf in Acrobat Reader or this specific pdf ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wasn't able to open any pdf files on my phone, I deleted the app and reinstalled it, nothing changed, I turned my phone off and then on, nothing changed, then I went to bed and this morning it works again..?

So, even though I don't know why it's working again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have same problem android version 5.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaneeshac,

As mentioned above, you are unable to download pdf files on your Android device, would it be possible if you can share the URL for the website you are trying to download pdf from? You may share the URL via private message. To send a private message, hover the mouse over person's user name and click Message.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. Version 17.5.180092 Android version 7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android version 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, since October the 19th, but I can't open it from the folder either, have to open my computer.

I have an Android 6.0.1 (Galaxy tab S2) and Adobe Acrobat 16.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I want that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phornsawan.92544193

Could you please let me know the issue you are experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing the same problem, I am NOT ABLE TO OPEN PDF FILES (however the same file opens on all iOS and Android device perfectly fine with the same app ) on my OnePlus 3 phone ( Android version 6.0.1) and my acrobat reader version is 16.3.1. eagerly waiting for guidance to fix this is as soon as possible.

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vishals31816449 ​,

Could you please let me know if you are seeing any error message when trying to open pdf files?

From where you are opening the pdf file - via Android's File Browser or in Acrobat Reader app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Shivam,

First of all thank you for the reply .Yes I am seeing an error message

while I try to open university notes published online in PDF format on my

Android phone. I am opening the file from acrobat reader app. These files

open perfectly fine on my laptop and even others phones with acrobat, but

sadly shows an error message when I try to open it on my phone. Eagerly

waiting for your reply.

Thank you,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to share the link for the form?

You can share the URL for the Website where the pdf is located via private message. To send a private message, hover the mouse over my name and select Message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF file is available on my university study website, which means you

can not access it without enrolling into the university as you will need a

password to enter. Therefore I don't think the URL will be of any use.

However I will attach a sample file below so that it will be easy for you

to identify the problem

Thank you,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishal,

I was not able to see any pdf file in your reply, you might try uploading the file to the cloud, and then share the link for the file.

Visit this link :  https://cloud.acrobat.com/send​ , select Add files>select the file from your computer>select the pdf file and click Open>select Create Link, when the link has been generated, share the link via private message.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android 6.0.1, Adobe Acrobat 17.5.180092

In the past I when I clicked on a PDF link through Chrome, the document was downloaded to Documents (local), then Acrobat opened and displayed the file.  In the past couple days I accessed the same page and when I click on any pdf link, Acrobat opens and I get an error stating the file could not be downloaded. Tried several other pages and same error when trying to view any PDF.  Files that I had previously viewed (hence, downloaded to local storage) will open and display just fine.

Here is a screenshot of the error I get when trying to open any PDF through Chrome, or Samsung Internet for that matter.

2018-01-25 15.51.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines