• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we change the layer's opacity?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we change the layer's opacity in flash CS4? Such as change the photoshop's layer's opactiy.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

No and yes.

No. A layer is just for stacking things and organizing your artwork. So there is no way to change a whole layer.

Yes. Movie clip, graphic, and button symbols are the main paradigms in Flash and each of them can have their transparency altered. (In Flash is is called alpha.) So convert your artwork into a movieclip or graphic and then from the properties panel look for the color effects drop down and change the alpha.

Or you can draw your art with colors that already have an alpha value

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and yes.

No. A layer is just for stacking things and organizing your artwork. So there is no way to change a whole layer.

Yes. Movie clip, graphic, and button symbols are the main paradigms in Flash and each of them can have their transparency altered. (In Flash is is called alpha.) So convert your artwork into a movieclip or graphic and then from the properties panel look for the color effects drop down and change the alpha.

Or you can draw your art with colors that already have an alpha value set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

But I want to know if the next version will have this function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would very much doubt that it would. You can draw your artwork using colors that are already partially transparent if you need to. But otherwise this is pretty much "baked" into the core functionality of Flash.

Just like I wouldn't really expect Photoshop to get timelines and tweens I wouldn't expect Flash's layers to be just like PS. They are both called Layers, but they serve very different purposes.

But I could be wrong. I never expect that Flash would get 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you can eat your words about photoshop getting a timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmao savage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this hasn't aged well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. make it a symbol.

go to edit window enter edit symbols mode.

select (same color) fills/or strokes, change opacity in properties window.

exit edit mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines