Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Zoom Areas

Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate 3, and just converted a simple project from Captivate 1.0. The conversion went very well, but now I want to add new features to it.
I tried to add a zoom area from already capture screens, but the it uses the entire screen, and I cannot select just the spot on the screen I need to zoom.
I looked in the sample, but it does not tell you how achieve this, and the help just explains the fields.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there eangel030456

Here's how they work. Click Insert > Zoom area and click OK. You end up with two different objects on your screen.

One object is the zoom area and the other is the zoom destination. You size and position the zoom area over what you wish to zoom. The Zoom Destination area is where that magnified part ends up. It grows or shrinks (depending on settings) and moves to the Zoom Destination area. The difference in size between the two areas determines how much magnification occurs.

Does this help any? Hope so.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick it works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick! I've struggled with zooming before, and just gave up. Just created 2, woot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources