Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 Search doesn't work

Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help with how to enable the search in RH 7? We are using an RH 7 (client) and publishing WebHelp to an RH 7 (server). When I type a word in the "Type in your question" text box, I always receive the message "Sorry, we were unable to find a good answer for your question." However, I know the word I've typed is in the project. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Liz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe only WebHelp Pro can be published to RH Server 7 and be functional (where's Peter when you need him?). I don't use either, myself, but there've been multiple discussions in the forum about this subject.

That is, I believe that these following scenarios apply:

* Publish WebHelp to a standard server and get normal Search.
* Publish WebHelp to RH Server 7 installed on a standard server and get nothing.

* Publish WebHelp Pro to RH Server 7 installed on a standard server and get extended Search, usability reports, etc.
* Publish WebHelp Pro to a standard server and get (nothing, I think?).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

@ Leon: where's Peter when you need him? - I believe he has set sail and is taking a well deserved cruise with his lovely wife.

You are correct in that only WebHelp Pro output can be published to a RoboHelp 7 server and be expected to work properly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry, for the confusion. I meant to say I'm publishing WebHelp Pro to the RH server 7. However, I'm getting nothing.

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp