Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player install fails at 90%

Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Safari Mac OSX 10.11. Adobe flash install fails at 90%. I've tried all recommended solutions provided in the troubleshooting, including the uninstall. This is the first time downloading Adobe to this computer.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 6.38.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-12 at 6.40.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 6.41.31 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log from the affected machine. To figure out how to get the logs you can go through Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? To share the log files you can go through How to share a document and post a link of the uploaded files here. Also can you open your terminal and type "id". Copy paste the output over here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions to share the log files, but no data about the Adobe Flash player is recorded after the markers. I ran the installation, it failed, and no records are added to the log

I'm not sure what you mean by "opening the terminal and typing id". Could I have more detailed instructions?

Thanks for your help!

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but no data about the Adobe Flash player is recorded after the markers"  based on this comment I'm assuming you are referring to either the install.log of FlashPlayerInstallManager.log (or both).  However, the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files should have information in them for the failed installation attempt.  Please provide the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Here is the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log from the affected machine.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Xenakis60146619

Please don't post the same problem to multiple topics.  It results in people duplicating their work and assisting you in multiple locations.  I've replied to you at Re: Unable to install Flash Player 22.0.0.209 on OS X 10.11.4 Please go there for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having similar problems to xanatis60146619 and jenbenyan and have been unable to reload Flashplayer.  I attach a link to the Adobe_GDE.log and Adobe_ADM.log as well as the FlashPlayerInstallMabager.log.

I am usingSafari 10.0

I use OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Any help greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem.  Has anyone come up with a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lindah52474185

Please do not post the same problems to multiple topics.  It results in multiple helping you and unnecessary duplicate work.  Someone has already replied to you at Flash Player Installation

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jonp28170085 ,

Please provide the install.log file for the failed Flash Player installation attempt.  The FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  has instructions on how to obtain just the Flash Player installation logs from the install.log file.  Upload the file and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the instructions as per the YouTube video.  Inserted markers as instructed and then attempted to install Flash player.  Nothing gets written to the install log file during this process so I have not forwarded this.

However, since typing the above, I have installed macOS Sierra Update as suggested by riatta1926 and successfully installed Flashplayer.  Thanks all for your help.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Sierra and reinstalled flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this same problem

using MAC OS 10.11.06

Safari version 10

here is link to files requested in other posts.  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rlatta1926

Please also provide the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file saved at /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs.  Please ensure all log files provided are for the same installation attempt.  To do this,  you may need to run the installer again and provide new log files.  Having all log files for the same installation attempt facilitates troubleshooting.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are install log files

ct 18 12:07:13 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: JS: Flash Player Install: Performing volume check for /

Oct 18 12:07:13 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: JS: Flash Player Install: Volume check passed.

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Product archive /Volumes/Flash Player/Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe Flash Player.pkg trustLevel=202

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: -[IFDInstallController(Private) _buildInstallPlanReturningError:]: location = file://localhost

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: -[IFDInstallController(Private) _buildInstallPlanReturningError:]: file://localhost/Volumes/Flash%20Player/Install%20Adobe%20Flash%20Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe%20Flash%20Player.pkg#AdobeFlashPlayerComponent.pkg

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Set authorization level to root for session

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Administrator authorization granted.

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Will use PK session

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Using authorization level of root for IFPKInstallElement

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Starting installation:

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Configuring volume "Macintosh HD"

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Preparing disk for local booted install.

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Free space on "Macintosh HD": 316.83 GB (316833091584 bytes).

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Create temporary directory "/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/T//Install.764hWjPVF"

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: IFPKInstallElement (1 packages)

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: Adding client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=764, uid=0 (/usr/sbin/installer)

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: PackageKit: Enqueuing install with framework-specified quality of service (utility)

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: request=PKInstallRequest <1 packages, destination=/>

Oct 18 12:07:14 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: packages=(

"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/Volumes/Flash%20Player/Install%20Adobe%20Flash%20Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe%20Flash%20Player.pkg#AdobeFlashPlayerComponent.pkg>"

)

Oct 18 12:07:15 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: Extracting file://localhost/Volumes/Flash%20Player/Install%20Adobe%20Flash%20Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe%20Flash%20Player.pkg#AdobeFlashPlayerComponent.pkg (destination=/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/762D3961-A7F7-4553-B317-E86EF6B847EF.activeSandbox/Root, uid=0)

Oct 18 12:07:17 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: prevent user idle system sleep

Oct 18 12:07:17 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: suspending backupd

Oct 18 12:07:20 Paulas-MacBook-Pro install_monitor[767]: Temporarily excluding: /Applications, /Library, /System, /bin, /private, /sbin, /usr

Oct 18 12:07:20 Paulas-MacBook-Pro install_monitor[767]: Re-included: /Applications, /Library, /System, /bin, /private, /sbin, /usr

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: releasing backupd

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: allow user idle system sleep

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX} {

NSFilePath = "/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX";

}

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX}

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=764, uid=0 (/usr/sbin/installer)

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installd[712]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals

Oct 18 12:07:21 Paulas-MacBook-Pro installer[764]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rlatta1926 ,

Have you installed any updates recently?  If so, what are they and when were they installed?

In Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) run the following 2 commands and post the output of both:

• ls -ale@ /
  • ls -ale@ /private/tmp

You can post it here or paste it into a file and upload it to cloud.acrobat.com/send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update to sierra and was able to install flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my link. 

Please help I've been working on this so long and I have no idea what else to do.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mitchw66349717 ,

You're issue is the same as what's being reported on this topic. The specific error is:

Oct 25 17:33:22 Connies-MacBook-Pro installd[326]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX} {

NSFilePath = "/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX";

}

Oct 25 17:33:22 Connies-MacBook-Pro installd[326]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

Oct 25 17:33:22 Connies-MacBook-Pro installer[487]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX}

This isn't Flash Player returning the error, but PackageKit and installd, which are OS utilities that are used to manage software installation.

A number of users have had luck with re-installing the OS, or upgrading to macOS Sierra, as that fixes whatever filesystem issues are on the system.  See Flash install stops at 90%  for more information.

An alternative is to contact Apple to find out why this is happening all of a sudden and inquire about a different solution.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went with the Mac OS Sierra upgrade and that worked

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines