Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows cannot find..FlashPlayerApp.exe

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting Windows cannot find 'C:\\WINDOWS\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe. When I click on the Flash Player icon in Control Panel. I have tired reinstalling flash 64bit. But the 32bit Utility manager is not working. How do I get that file replaced?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very odd.  If you have a 64-bit OS, the FlashPlayerApp.exe utility would be saved in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, not C:\Windows\System32.

What windows version do you have?

Can you try performing a clean installation of Flash Player?  See How do I do a clean install of Flash Player - Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Windows 10 Home, 64bit x64 processor. I tried copying the FlashPlayerApp.exe file from another location and pasting it into the system32 folder but the icon in Control Panel still does not work.

If the file should not have been there then what would cause it to be placed there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines