• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate won't load up properly

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to start Captivate 3 on my work PC, ( 16 bit, running XP) for the first time and it won't load properly. I just installed the pre-licensed version. I tried to install from the CD and from adobe.com, but I get the same results--like the program is corrupted. I have to go to taskmgr to shut down the process. However, on my laptop at home, the program loads up just fine. Could it be because at work I use a 21 in. monitor with an odd screen resolution? I'm at a loss why Captivate won't run on my work PC.

David
mooredp@uah.edu
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Sometimes we see that Captivate doesn't start properly after an initial install if the PC doesn't have a Flash Player on it. So you may wish to try visiting http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=shockwaveFlash and ensure the Flash Player is up to snuff. Then try launching Captivate after that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thanks for the quick reply! I had checked that, but your reply prompted me to take a closer look at it. I noticed on my home laptop (where captivate works) that I only have one installation of Flash Player Active X: 9.0.115

But at work (where Captivate doesn't operate) I have 3 installations of Flash, apparently:
Flash Player 9 Active X: 9.0.115
Flash Player Active X: 9.0.115
Flash Player Plugin: 9.0.124

So maybe it has something to do with this. I think I try to clean this up and see what happens, unless I should leave it alone. What do you think?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick! That was exactly it. I reinstalled Flash now I am ready to go!
Awesome!
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources