• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer 23.0.0.205 installation stops at 5% on Windows 10 64-bit

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Adobe Flashplayer 23.0.0.205 on my Windows 10 64-bit PC.  I currently have Flashplayer 23.0.0.185 installed.  I'm running Mozilla Firefox 49.0.2.  Flashplayer is enabled in Flashplayer ("Always Activate").  I set my anti-virus software to allow downloads from Adobe, and did not have problems with my last update of Adobe Flash on 10/12/16. 

After downloading the installer today, I closed all browser windows before launching the installer.  The version of the installer I downloaded is flashplayer23_xa_install.exe; it's a 1.14 MB file.  When I launched it, it opened a window saying it's downloading:

It never gets past 5%.  After a few minutes, the display shows an error message:

There is no problem with the internet connection. This happens each time I try to install.  After hitting "Retry" and having the same thing happen again, I get a message saying the installation failed.  The installer executable, flashplayer23_xa_install.exe is then deleted from my system.

I looked at the forums and hunted for the installation log files.  I checked C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log and C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log.  In both folders, the versions of the FlashInstall.log that I found were for the last completed update, which was v.23.0.0.185 from 10/12/16.  It does not appear that a FlashInstall.log file was created for any aborted installation attempts of v.23.0.0.205 from today, 10/26/16.

Looking for help getting this to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ckiddoo

This is an issue with the online/web installer.  The online/web installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background. I'll need the online/web installer log files to investigate the error.  Please upload the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

In the interim, the full/offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier  page in the 'Still having problems' section.  Please do provide the online installer log files so that we can investigate the error.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to the uploaded log files:  Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the link you gave me to access the offline installer.  I went to the bottom of the page and clicked on the link for Firefox:

However, I got an error and couldn't navigate to the page.  This happened both in Firefox's browser and in Microsoft Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll forward the log file to the online installer team.  In the interim, do you use a proxy server or packet sniffer software?  Either of these could be interfering with the download, although, the online installer does support proxy servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I don't use either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines