• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF -How to create a drop down menu?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I want to create a drop-down menu in InDesign wich will be also working in an interactive PDF and I was wandering how to do that.

I started with creating several buttons on my A-master. Since I ve got a lot of Top and Sub categories I m not sure how to create the drop down without creating a loooot of Buttons which I m either showing or hiding....

Hopefully someone can help me  with my Problem.

Thanks

Liesa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us an idea of what you’re trying to accomplish? There may be better ways than using PDF.

http://boblevine.us/its-okay-to-say-no-to-interactive-pdf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new online video tutorial from Lynda.com gives a very good overview of the features of various interactive digital formats that can be produced from InDesign CC2015:

InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals

You can get a 10-day free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book Digital Publishing with InDesign CC by Sandee Cohen and Diane Burns gives an excellent view and tutorials for all the interactive elements in InDesign. The eBook, which will be yours for much longer than a 10-day trial, is currently on sale for 50% off.

However, a drop-down menu for navigation is not supported for any of the digital output formats from the native InDesign software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your suggestion Sandee – of course, I have a copy of your invaluable book (which I purchased at full price!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines