• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not opt out of installing McAfee AND Intel programs with last manual update

Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not opt out of installing McAfee AND Intel programs with last Flash manual update!

This made me very unhappy today and I spent 15 minutes including rebooting my computer to uninstall these programs. A huge inconvenience just to update the Flash player.

Shady tactics. Usually I need to be alert not to accidentally install the unwanted bloatware "offered" with your updates, but this time there was no opt-out option. Flash has WAY too many updates anyway. Chill out Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently the option to opt out of installing Mcafee is offered in a pop up, so its commonly blocked by most users.

Basically Adobes way of covering their ass "Yea there is an option to install or not install", but hiding it in such a way that they know most users won't ever see it. Shady tactics indeed to get their malware shit installed on peoples machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines