• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Flash Player on my macbook

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to update Flash Player when prompted that an update was available.  The installer moved through to 90%; after about three minutes I got a message that the update failed.  I went through all the suggested steps to try to rectify with no success.

I then uninstalled.  When I attempt to re-install I get the same result - Installer working up to 90% then stops for three minutes, then fails.

My operating system is El Capitan 10.11.6.

Help will be greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're most likely experiencing the same issue reported at Adobe flash player, How to fix Flash installation fails at 90% , and Adobe Flash Installer (version 23.0.0.185) hangs at 90% on my iMac.  To verify, I'll need to review the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  and configure your system to obtain install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files for the Flash Player installation.  Repeat the installation until it returns the error so the logs captured are for the same installation attempt.  Upload both log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue about a week ago with the install failing at 90 percent. The only remedy that worked was an upgrade to OS X Sierra, and then installing. It worked on the first try for me. Also OS X Sierra has been a stress free upgrade for me and didn't take very long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines