Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single text box, multiple columns

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am totally blanking on this, but I have this document with a single text frame (the whole page excluding margins) and I'd like to separate the body copy into columns / paragraphs.

Basically I want the section for "COLORS" to be in the 2nd column but on the same line as "TYPEFACES"

Also, the "ICON IDENTITY SYSTEM" is spanning two columns.

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 7.10.51 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is Span and Split Columns described here in a posting I wrote when the feature came out in InDesign CS5:

http://indesignsecrets.com/timesaver-span-and-split-columns-in-cs5.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahead of “Colors” enter a column break, which is Enter on the numeric keypad. On a Mac without a numeric keypad use Fn+Return. For Icon Identity system, select the line and go to Span Columns in the paragraph panel. Select Span Columns then select the number of columns you want o span. In the case either 2 or All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines