• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

licensing policy of old Photoshop before CC

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello dear team, I find my old adobe photoshop 5  (yes it 18 or more years) in basement

Question is: what upgrade version fit to me  ?  Can it be upgrade adobe photoshop 7   or higher version

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

you can't upgrade photoshop 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no upgrades that make sense for any photoshop (ps) owners, even owners with much more recent versions than yours.

that's because the latest version of ps is the least expensive of all adobe programs, by far:  the photographers plan is a subscription for $10/mo that includes ps and lightroom, Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course they existed, you mislead

what is those versions on ebay ?  PC Software - Adobe Photoshop 5.5 Upgrade for Windows New Sealed

PC Software - Adobe Photoshop 5.5 Upgrade for Windows New Sealed | eBay

or

Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Upgrade & Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 - Design Software - Power PC | eBay

or

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 | eBay

for what reasons they exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you misread my statement.  i did not say there were no upgrades for previous ps versions.  years ago there probably was an upgrade (eg, ps 8) available.

i said there are (ie, currently) no upgrades that make sense (financially) for owners of previous ps versions (even much more recent versions like ps cs6).

ie typically, upgrade pricing allows users of previous versions to save money.  but current adobe pricing makes the least expensive version of ps the photographers plan which also includes lightroom and does not require ownership of a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is just your opinion, but main topic was not about common sense - it was about in which version I can upgrade my old licensed abandoned adobe photoshop 5 thats all ,

I need very simple answer like: you can buy adobe photoshop upgrade 7 and it will work and it will be authentic, then you can buy for example  upgrade version of cs1 and so on . I don't need so much water. If you know answer - please share, if you don't know exactly then please don't waste your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't upgrade photoshop 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines