• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia Pascal video card support in CS6

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a nvidia GTX1070 video card recently. Then I tried to turn on GPU acceleration in AE. But when turning on after effects, it has error Ray-traced 3D: Initial shader complie failed. I have recent version of AE and graphic driver. How can I use my video card in after effects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. That's the long and short of it. Pascal cards use different CUDA libraries that never existed when CS6 was still being actively developed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then which version of AE supports Pascal cards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially none, since the Raytracer is deprecated and even in the CC 2017 any such support is labeled as experimental. It's simply dead technology nobody bothers with any longer, especially now that the Cinema 4D renderer is the new kid in town.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it same on Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll have to ask in the Premiere Pro forum, but I would assume the CC 2017 release works with those cards.

You can use the card you mentioned to accelerate the ray-traced renderer in the current version of AE I think, but I haven't asked anybody to test it as the ray-traced renderer is considered obsolete by Adobe, so I haven't worried about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines