• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the new Camera Tool ready for Canvas export or is there any limitation?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the new Camera Tool ready for Canvas export or is there any limitation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Yes, the new Camera tool is available for all the built-in doc-types in Animate - HTML5 Canvas, WebGL and Actionscript.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the new Camera tool is available for all the built-in doc-types in Animate - HTML5 Canvas, WebGL and Actionscript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera tool is available for HTML5 Canvas, It's works fine when you publish the HTML file. BUT if you want to export as video, doesn´t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not so much that it's the camera tool that prevents HTML5 Canvas from exporting as video, the export as video requires ActionScript 3.0 FLAs, whether you're going to use the camera tool or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export a HTML5 Canvas as video. I do it all the time.
The point is the camera tool doesn't work in that video. Neither does the JS code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to be corrected about that! I may have confused myself with importing video, which is AS3 only.

There are so many filters and other tools that are not available in HTML5 Canvas, that using AS3 is better anyway. You may have code driven changes you want recorded, in which you would need to convert that code to AS3. For straight animation I can't think of an advantage of using HTML5 Canvas for creating video.

Oh, I just tried exporting an HTML5 Canvas FLA that has a tween on the camera tool. The tween exported correctly. Is it possible they fixed that in the update from a couple of days ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?
I tried last week and doesn't work. I put the camera on the Scene1 (root) y made some moves and zoom. When i exported as video, no camera's moves or zoom are showed on the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see one of the improvements was:

"Support for Global JavaScript and third-party JavaScript libraries

Get the flexibility you need to use JavaScript code that applies to all frames in an animation. Also, now you can use the latest JavaScript libraries for animation from within the Animate UI."

Perhaps that solved the video export issue too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exporting to Video (from within Canvas mode) works with the new Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.. with the camera movement/tween in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines