• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Corrupt Catalog??

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

All right I will try to explain what happened, revisiting the time line.

Yesterday I updated my Mac OS to the new 10.12 Sierra system. I left my Lacie Thunderbolt 5big plugged in. After the OS install I opened LR it gave me missing files for all of my images in my LR catalog. So I did the find missing photos last which appeared to have worked. I also updated the folder locations and then went to bed. This morning I got back on LR and all seemed normal until I tried to do a couple of things to an image in LR. I got an unexpected error message and LR needs to quite. Hit OK and LR shutdown.

When I tried to reopen LR it said the catalog could not be read. There was a lrct.lock file on my external where my catalog was, I deleted it which I was able to then reopen LR but it gave another message that it needed shut down. My LR catalog is stored in Volume/LaCie/Lightroom_Catalog but when I was able to get into LR for a minute before it gave me the error message it said it was in Volume/LaCie 1/Lightroom_Catalog

My images are also stored (I have an offsite backup) on the same external drive as my catalog. When I try to just copy 1 image file to my desktop it gives me a Finder can't do it because of a read write error error -36 -

All this to say that it seems like I have a corrupt catalog but haven't been given that message. It also seems like my external hard drive repartitioned itself??? Images aren't recognized and I can not find a Volume/LaCie 1 anywhere.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?