• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text is appearing condensed, don't know why

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently took a course in After Effects and the last couple of days I've been really struggling to get to grips with it. My most recent problem is that when I type straight into the composition, my font (Avenir 35 Light) appears condensed/horizontally compressed for no reason that I can fathom.

How it looks:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 15.28.12.png

How it's meant to look (ignore colour):

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 15.37.26.png

I was using the same proportion file yesterday and it was OK, and can't work out what I've done to make it like this. If anybody could enlighten me I'd be so grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

2 things come to mind:

1. you are probably working in non-square aspect ratio. check your composition settings and see that you are using a square pixel composition

it is recommended to work from within the presets, but a common mistake is to choose an HDV Preset instead of HDTV.

2. check your character panel and see that your settings are 100% for width and height

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the scaling settings on the type palette and your composition pixel aspect ratio.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 things come to mind:

1. you are probably working in non-square aspect ratio. check your composition settings and see that you are using a square pixel composition

it is recommended to work from within the presets, but a common mistake is to choose an HDV Preset instead of HDTV.

2. check your character panel and see that your settings are 100% for width and height

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was no 1! Thank you so much. Give me 5 mins and I'll come up with the next problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines