• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating After Effects, Version to Version

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to AE 2017 today and realized what I realize every big update. I need to transfer all of my plugins, scripts, workspaces all over manually to the new version. Its a royal pain. Is there a way this can be done automatically with each update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericj,

Did you get any pop-up (transferring/migrating all of your settings/preferences from the older version to the newer) during the first launch of CC2017?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I did not. I just updated through the CC app on my mac pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before updating to CC2017, did you make any changes under 'Advanced Options'?

Capture.JPG

I am suspecting that you skipped/missed the pop-up window for migration of preferences.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't go to advanced options, didn't know I had to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ericj74061609 wrote:

I didn't go to advanced options, didn't know I had to.

Well, that's Adobe for you -- bury important options to make user life rougher.

I suppose you also missed the admonition in the EULA to to wave a dead chicken over your head as you download the new software by the light of the full moon.

That's a joke, but not too far off the mark -- you almost need to take a course in downloading Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's not an automatic way to do it, but it is fairly simple to move plugins and scripts over from one version to the next. When the CC app removes the old version, it leaves behind all your preferences, plugins, and scripts folders. Although, when changing version numbers, it's usually a good idea to get updated plugins from the plugin makers if they offer them. I know Red Giant did some updates to theirs to work better with the CC 2017 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines