• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Uploading to YouTube Premiere Elements 14 - experienced user problem

Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

I've been using premiere elements 14 for a year now on my mac with no problems at all.  I've uploaded over 100 videos but then yesterday I when uploading a video I encountered this message: "There was an error uploading, try again later"

I'm using the same settings I've had for all the other videos.  I've restarted my computer, reset my modem, restarted the application, still same result over and over again.  WHAT IS GOING ON???

Any body else out there with this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same problem which started nov 1. error uploading. what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Stuff" changes at YouTube.  Adobe coders can get it right when Premier Elements is assembled.  For version 14, that work was done well over a year ago.   There is no way they can guess what YouTube will change or how it will "improve".

The solution is to avoid all the variables.  Use Premier Elements to output the video to your computer.  Then use YouTube's uploader system to put it in their system.  It is two steps instead of one.  It is also more reliable, eliminates variables and may actually be quicker.

Premier Elements has presets in the share dialogs for this.

Good luck....

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming your clips are under 10 minutes long -- and that you haven't upgraded to Sierra or made any other major change -- I suspect YouTube changed something at their end.

Have you updated your web services in your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have to use youtube uploader, doesn't this defeat the main purpose of this program which is to make videos public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bluemoon0419 wrote:

If I have to use youtube uploader, doesn't this defeat the main purpose of this program which is to make videos public.

You could say that, but I suggest not.  The main purpose of the program is to produce videos for consumption for DVDs,  Blu-Rays, memory sticks for your TV, media servers, social media and on.  One is YouTube.  For YouTube to work automatically from Premier Elements, several things have to be in a perfect sequence from your computer connection to the internet, YouTube's security protected servers and all the connections in between.  At least one, or more, password is involved.  If one link in the chain breaks, the process fails and you get frustrated.  All that is on top of what has already been stated about how YouTube changes their requirements.  If you are running two year old software, there will be at least a few changes at YouTube while you own it. 

Your choice is to adapt to a two step method, update to a newer copy of Premier Elements or find something else.   If you know, understand and like the Premier Elements methods and procedures it might not be worth the work to master different software.  I've tried twice and came back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input everyone!  I just tried again and looks like the glitch is still there.

The two-step work around does work though, so I guess we'll have to just do that until a patch becomes available.

Thanks, Google! (sarcasm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to up load an edited video to youtube but it didn't work. Can you explain STEP BY STEP how to upload the video. I've tried saving the video, I've tried dragging it from the saved file. nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bluemoon0419 wrote:

I tried to up load an edited video to youtube but it didn't work. Can you explain STEP BY STEP how to upload the video. I've tried saving the video, I've tried dragging it from the saved file. nothing works

Step one is to output a video you can watch on your own computer and like what it looks like.  YouTube has some guidelines, but has become very flexible. 

Step two is to open YouTube in your browser, push the Upload button on the upper right of the screen and follow what YouTube says to do. 

Can you post your step by step procedure?  I would be pleased to help I've I can tell what you're doing.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to "export and share" and instead of "online" click on "devices," then "computer."
  2. The dialog window should open just like it would for sharing online, Bitrate, workbar area, etc.  Select where you want it to save to, desktop, or wherever.  Personally, I save it to an external hard drive because my disk is almost full.
  3. click "save."  Depending on the length of you video, this will take some time as it converts the .prel file to a .mpeg or .mov
  4. Once that's done, a new file should appear where you saved it that is the .mpeg or .mov
  5. Close Adobe and open your browser and go into your YouTube. 
  6. Once in your channel, there should be a little "upload" button you can click on in the upper right portion of your window. 
  7. Click that upload button.  Once in that screen you can either drag your .mov or .mpeg file or select it.
  8. Now YouTube will convert the file and put it on your page, this too, will take some time!

Hope this helps!

Shameless self-promotion of my guitar lesson channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ebhaugen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ebhaugen wrote:

1. Go to "export and share" and instead of "online" click on "devices," then "computer."
  2. The dialog window should open just like it would for sharing online, Bitrate, workbar area, etc. Select where you want it to save to, desktop, or wherever. Personally, I save it to an external hard drive because my disk is almost full.
  3. click "save." Depending on the length of you video, this will take some time as it converts the .prel file to a .mpeg or .mov
  4. Once that's done, a new file should appear where you saved it that is the .mpeg or .mov
  5. Close Adobe and open your browser and go into your YouTube.
  6. Once in your channel, there should be a little "upload" button you can click on in the upper right portion of your window.
  7. Click that upload button. Once in that screen you can either drag your .mov or .mpeg file or select it.
  8. Now YouTube will convert the file and put it on your page, this too, will take some time!

Hope this helps!

Shameless self-promotion of my guitar lesson channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ebhaugen

Well written!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

exporting to YouTube from Premiere Elements should be working correctly now. Please try as per your convenience and let us know.

Thanks

Aurobinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aurobi is right! Not only is the YouTube uploader working again, but it seems to have had some improvements to its interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like this glitch uploading to YouTube has raised its ugly head again. Happening to me this morning after I uploaded a half dozen videos with no issues yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines