• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set a section that can fill the any browser despite the resolution or screen size?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here's what I mean, I made a demo website by Muse, and I found that I can use the Responsive Width option to link a section from one side of the screen to another no matter how you resize the browser window. However, I'm not able to make the height of a section to be responsive.

For example, this is how my website looks on my Macbook:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.11.39 AM.png

This is exactly what I want it to be.

Yet, when I open the same website on my Windows laptop, it looks a little be off (extra region that I don't expect it to be appear marked in red box):Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.11.22 AM.png

So, is there any way I can fix this issue?

Any responses are appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

the image gets cropped to fit into their browser size (what ever that happens to be)... you could make more copies of it to take back some control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just to confirm that do you want this image to appear on your whole site or only in the previewing window?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in the Home page. I want to make it to be the first scene you will see when you open my website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best I suggest you is instead of putting this an image you can keep it as a browser-fill which won't leave any space.

Screenshot_8.png

Let me know if this suits your design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I might mis-interpreted my purpose. This page does not only contain this image, there're other contents below if you scroll down, I just want people only see this image section that fill the browser window, and then as they scroll down, there will be other images and contents. 

Or here's the website: www.xipulee.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this post where some suggestions are made in this regards : Full Screen Image until you scroll down effect 

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the image gets cropped to fit into their browser size (what ever that happens to be)... you could make more copies of it to take back some control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines