• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opentype in-context menu is broken in Adobe Indesign CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Indesign CC 2017 and confirmed the following bug:c000205.gif

c000206.gif

Older version of Indesign had no such bug. One could get in-context menu on Adobe World-Ready Paragraph composer as well. This bug is causing a huge problem with non-latin languages such as Arabic that cannot be composed in Adobe Paragraph Composer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Hi Arif,

Thanks for sharing your findings.

This behavior is as per designed, The In-context menu at frame selection will not be shown if any of the text in the selected frame is composed using the "Adobe World-Ready Composer". Same behavior in Text selection as well where In-context menu at text selection will not be shown if any of the text in the selection is composed using the "Adobe World-Ready Composer".

However you can still do everything in CC2017 from the character panel which you could do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that bug. Report a bug here:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

However, I don't think I'd call it a "huge bug" because you can still do everything you could do with OpenType fonts in World Ready Paragraph Computer in InDesign CC 2015.4 and earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although there was no option to submit the bug for the latest version Adobe Indesign CC 2017, I filed it under previous version and referred to this thread. Thanks for confirming the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arif,

Thanks for sharing your findings.

This behavior is as per designed, The In-context menu at frame selection will not be shown if any of the text in the selected frame is composed using the "Adobe World-Ready Composer". Same behavior in Text selection as well where In-context menu at text selection will not be shown if any of the text in the selection is composed using the "Adobe World-Ready Composer".

However you can still do everything in CC2017 from the character panel which you could do with OpenType fonts in World Ready Paragraph composer in InDesign CC 2015.4 and earlier.

Regards,

Vineet

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines