Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted file

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was working on an indesign file and saved it this morning.  I just tried to open it and can't - get corrupted file error.  Tried all the suggestions with deleting preferences, etc.  and nothing works.  Other files open fine??

Help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

corrinnes42144057 wrote:

Tried all the suggestions with deleting preferences, etc. and nothing works.

Unless you tell us what "etc." consisted of, we can't really offer suggestions in an intelligent way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And tell us the full version number for ID and your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-how-to-open-corrupted-adobe-indesign-files--cms-2455...

This is what I tried except for #4.

Windows 7

Indesign  CC 11.4.1.102

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you try opening on a different computer?

There is also a free tool for Windows at INDDRecovery — a program for restoring corrupted InDesign documents, and a script to blind-export the file to IDML at  Adobe Community: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others ar...

Sanyam Talwar has been asking for corrupt files for study, and repairing them when possible. see Adobe Corrupt Docs email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines