• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Text Produces Black Blobs

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to type text, I get giant black blobs. I've reset and rebooted and nothing changes this situation. Any ideas about what is going on?

AE Blobs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Reset your character panel. It looks to me like you might have a stroke replied to the text that is so big that it's filling in all the holes.

I also agree with Dave. Screenshots that just show the composition panel have little or no value in diagnosing a problem.

You need to show us as much as you can that is relevant to your problem. At the very least you should select your composition in the project panel so we know what the composition settings are, then the layer that's giving you problems (

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't tell much from that window grab!  Give a whole screen shot with your complete user interface, especially the Character and Paragraph panes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the full interface:

AE Interface.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite -- we see the PARAGRAPH pane, but not the CHARACTER pane, and if it's a way-too-big stroke you have applied, we can't see it.

And when you make the next grab, make sure the text layer is highlighted, and you see the pink stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset and rebooted

you were better off resetting your Ae preferences than your Computer. Reset After Effects Preferences

my guess would be is that your character panel is messed up. something like this with a thick stroke same color as the fill :

press the panel options and reset your character panel

after reset

now get back to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your character panel. It looks to me like you might have a stroke replied to the text that is so big that it's filling in all the holes.

I also agree with Dave. Screenshots that just show the composition panel have little or no value in diagnosing a problem.

You need to show us as much as you can that is relevant to your problem. At the very least you should select your composition in the project panel so we know what the composition settings are, then the layer that's giving you problems (press the u key twice to reveal all the modified properties of that layer), and any other relevant information about your project including your OS and AE version down to the last decimal point.  Without that kind of information we are just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all! The reset did the trick. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines