• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2017 Update keeps crashing!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had issues with the update to 2017 version as my machine now keeps crashing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi artibhartiya,

Is this with a new project or an updated one? If updated, try a new project.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already in the process of moving everything across onto a new file. However you have to understand this is a MASSIVE set back in an already impending deadline, this sort of issue should not come up in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DEADLINE.

HOW DID THE CUSTOMERS GET ROPED INTO PAYING MONEY TO BE BETA TESTERS?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME HERE   Crashes as soon as I import something. 

They told someone else that's having the same problem in MU  to "try a different OS"..... Really  like we have all the money in the world to just go buy another Pc with a different OS on it just to try to see if it'll work??!! ..  . Adobe should just do a rollback instead.  like ASAP ADOBE....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget about all the time it takes us to load everything up and do their testing for them......

BETA2017​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a MASSIVE set back in an already impending deadline

You updated your editing software under those conditions?

I've got no quarrel with the call for Adobe to get it right the first time, every time, but as I live in the real world, I also can't ignore the sheer folly of what you've done here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artibhartiya wrote:

I am already in the process of moving everything across onto a new file. However you have to understand this is a MASSIVE set back in an already impending deadline, this sort of issue should not come up in the first place.

Bad move updating just before a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me also on a large project with Lumetri on master clips. Randomly crashes.

Error reports:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 11.0.0.154, time stamp: 0x580880fc

Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f83ff

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000074a30

Faulting process id: 0x20e8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2356740d8027f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll

Report Id: 0680d9a1-e7ef-468e-8309-44823f00c653

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 11.0.0.154, time stamp: 0x580880fc

Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f83ff

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000074a30

Faulting process id: 0x2c24

Faulting application start time: 0x01d23566957928bc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll

Report Id: 4ecaf08a-8173-46e1-840f-5fb8dc72c153

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00007ff500000001

Faulting process id: 0x137c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2356420a85a17

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 14e1211e-5aa9-4af9-8339-95f00732f4a9

Faulting module name: Backend.dll, version: 11.0.0.154, time stamp: 0x58085b22

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000007af695

Faulting process id: 0x1f60

Faulting application start time: 0x01d23562c97faf2b

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Backend.dll

Report Id: ff8cb2be-7c6a-4054-8e69-ef4431228564

I'm running a well-spec'd machine. Asus X99A, 5820k, 32GB ram, GTX970, etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, a project built with 2016 keeps crashing on opening with v2017....HELP! Can we rollback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grem28 wrote:

I have the same issue, a project built with 2016 keeps crashing on opening with v2017....HELP! Can we rollback?

Did you reboot computer before and after installing 2017?

Yes you can roll back.

If you removed previous version (best to leave it on your system) you can install it from the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm constantly crashing, and this is a new project on a brand new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deinstall all Adobe products

Use cleanertool

Install again.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that all applications crash. Nice 2017 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Except I can't even keep it open long enough to even TRY to open a file. The applications just tries to open... then crashes.

WTH!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I have noticed is that the crashes have to do both with Lumetri and markers.  When I add markers, it will just randomly crash and it is a crap shoot on whether it is MSVCRT or LoggingSession. 

I have only had one crash so far that actually performed a recover.  all others ones just picked up where I left off.

Now AE is another story but I will post more in that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care about your projects crashing or the fact you make a living off of their product. Not only does Premiere CC keep crashing on me and losing me hundreds of dollars, they charged me for Photoshop as well for no reason. I've been on the phone with these — for 24 hours, and they are just a greedy scam company who builds up a face and presents itself like something you can trust.

Moderator warning: Do not use profanity. It is against Adobe community guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue before, as well. Make sure you have AutoSave on, just in case it keeps happening. Plus, make sure your projects are up-to-date to the 2017 version, and your computer hardware is good to run the software, and your RAM usage is down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to uninstall all my Adobe products (9/13/17). I did them one at a time and the machine continued to lockup at startup. Finally uninstalled creative cloud (think it freezes on it's update). Computer now functioning. Adobe needs to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card is everyone using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am have an NVIDIA GeForce 940 MX; running on a Win 10 HP laptop with 16 GB RAM; 64-bit;

Is that the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a problem with Premiere crashing on export.

I solved this by turning off the GPU acceleration option under File > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback

In my case I then selected Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

.. and it worked though export times take longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines