• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile menu with sub-menus: accordion plus composition widget?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My site has three sets of sub-menus. For my mobile site, I'd like to create a push-down accordion type of menu - three of the menu items would have sub-menus that open vertically below when the main category is clicked. Ideally, these would collapse again and not remain open, as the user clicks to other main/upper menu items.

I've tried creating sub-menus with accordions and placing within the main accordion, but these remain open and do not close automatically. They block the other categories below once opened. As I understand it, the way people use navigation like this is that they expect a sub-menu to close automatically when they click elsewhere. It is not expected that the user would close the sub-menu his/herself.

I found one tutorial that uses a lightbox as the main navigation, then uses state buttons and accordions to create the menu and sub menus. Again, these do not collapse unless the user clicks on the menu items to close them. The other issue with using a lightbox as the main navigation is that it covers the logo at the top when triggered. This is a problem for my client. This is the tutorial: Adobe Muse Advanced Tutorial - How to make Submenu in mobile friendly website - YouTube.

I found reference on this forum to using a composition widget to somehow create a trigger within an accordion menu that would open a submenu below. Can better explain how to do this? And is there a way to make it automatically close when the user clicks to something else?

Any way that you can recommend creating this would be so very appreciated. I can certainly purchase any purchase or template that's out there, but I haven't found one that does what I"m after.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the site. We will check the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course. Should I just send a zipped file to this email address?

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 1:10 AM, Catherine Joseph <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do not share a zipped version, instead you and upload it to any file sharing service Dropbox or Creative cloud and share the site in a Private Message : for doing that click on their picture and use "message" button.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to share via Dropbox, but I need an email address in order to share. Can you provide one?

I tried using Creative Cloud sharing but I'm getting a not able to sync file message. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines