• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer install fails

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Platform: Win XP SP3, Firefox 49.0.2., Earlier Flash 23.185 installed on Oct 13'th.

Flash install from (1) the normal install page fails always at the end of the process, but has succeeded from (2) the link in the troubleshoot help pages: Win 7 or earlier/ Still having problems/Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI.

Now the Install_flash_player.exe download fails immeditially all the time, but don't give any error messages.

(1) The help text in the normal install suggest to install from my download folder, but the problem is that the Flash_player23xxx_install.exe is not found from there. So I only can try to install it from Firefox! What might be wrong?

(2) Do I remember wrong the download place for the standalone install of Flash, what is the right place?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The download location is whatever you set it to be.  Most browser's default to the Downloads folder, but you can change this to any location you want.

I'll need to get the install log files, for the same installation attempt, from you to troubleshoot the failure.  Please do the following:

1. Download Flash Player from get.adobe.com
  2. Run the installer until it fails.
  3. Obtain the following log files from your system:
    1. Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    2. FlashInstall.log file saved at:
      • 32-bit OS: c:\windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
      • 64-bit OS: C:Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
  4. Upload the 3 log files (Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, and FlashInsall.log) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document
  5. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Here is the link for Flash install logs: Jaetut tiedostot - Acrobat.com

Please note that in the end I managed to download and install Flash player standalone (2) from a respective support page in finnish language.

Anyway I would be happy to get the easier install working on my laptop to this always vulnerable Flash player.

Thanks!

/Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the log files.  I'll send them to the online/web installer team.  Also, do you use a proxy server to access the internet?

Anyway I would be happy to get the easier install working on my laptop to this always vulnerable Flash player.

The quickest way to update Flash Player is to opt into Background Updates.  When opted into Background Updates, Flash Player checks for an update once every 24 hours (as long as the computer has an active internet connection).  If an update is found it is downloaded and installed silently in the background.  Systems opted into Background Updates are usually updated within 24 hours of a new version being released.  To opt into Background Updates go to Control Panel > Flash Player.  Then go to the Updates tab and select 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)'.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Re Proxy, I think I don't, because there are following options chosen in the TCP/IP Properties:

Obtain an IP address & DNS server automatically.

And in IE (which I don't use) connections: Automatically detect settings and Proxy server not chosen, but Bypass proxy server for local addresses chosen.

Re Background Updates, I think I have tried it but unsuccessfully. But can try again..

Thanks!

/Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

than you for the additional information.  I'll pass it on to the online/web installer team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Are you using any anti-virus ? If yes, disable anti-virus and try installing flash player from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions .

Thanks,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eswar,

Yes, disabled Avast now for a while and it worked!

Thanks a lot,

/Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines