• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Named destinations not functioning correctly

Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

To my understanding, setting a destination in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (I'm currently on version 15) implies you can link directly to that destination - with page layout/zoom etc. It will go to the destination in the exact state you saved it in.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. When linking PDFname.pdf#nameddest={destinationname}, the link will go to the top of the page of the destination, NOT the destination itself.

Is there a step I'm missing? Been testing by opening in Chrome - could this be an issue? Is there a better way to test it?

Any insight would be great. Even if the fact that this feature simply won't work. An alternative is also welcome. I haven't seen any other issues like this anywhere, including these forums.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Kind Regards,

Jack

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature will only work if the file is opened inside the browser window

using the Adobe plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

Thank you for your swift response.

Just to confirm - for the average end user opening this PDF in a browser, they will need the Adobe plug in? I would assume that the majority of users would use Google Chrome - which to my understanding is not compatible anymore, so nameddest will never work.

Bit of a pain. Any convenient work arounds at all?

Kind Regards,

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not that I'm aware of...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines