• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Altitude and Azimuth Angles of Apple Pencil

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am using a iPad Pro with Apple Pencil.

The dynamic brush settings in Adobe Illustrator draw seem only to support the pressure of the stylus.

Especially for advances calligraphy it would really help to control the angle of the brush depending on the azimuth angle of the stylus.

AzimuthDiagram.png

You can find details on the terms in this tutorial: Apple Pencil Tutorial: Getting Started

digital.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

G12N.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was going to mention the Angle setting in Draw but I thought maybe you were looking for something more than that. I'm glad it's what you need.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi G12N,

I'm going to share this request with the Draw team but my understanding about the tilting with Pencil is that it requires certain types of drawing tools.... which really aren't in Draw.

I'm not trying to steer you away from the conversation or the product, but have you looked at Photoshop Sketch? Not only does tilting Pencil work in the way you're wanting it to, but in the current release, there are (seemingly endless) blend modes for most of the brushes. I've talked to a lot of calligraphers who use it. Definitely give it a look: Adobe Photoshop Sketch on the App Store

In the meantime I'll share your comments (and the accompanying links and images with the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I am sorry! I am confused. Adobe Draw already has an angle parameter in the brush settings. Making it ideal for calligraphy.

It would be great if this could be hooked to the azimuth angle of the pencil.

I am not sure if you mean that one by "tilt". To me it sounds like you are talking about the altitude angle. Even that would be useful to read. For example to control the roundness parameter of the brush.

I wasn't able to find such a parameter in any of the brushes in Photoshop Sketch. The angle of a Sketch Brush seems to follow the path of the drawn line. In total Illustrator Draw already has much more control over the brush paramters build in.

In both tools the only two available dynamic settings are pressure and speed.

Projekt - Zeichnung 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

G12N.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was going to mention the Angle setting in Draw but I thought maybe you were looking for something more than that. I'm glad it's what you need.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines