• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi Colored Text with multi colored outer glow

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to write 'ABC' in 3 different colours in Red Green and Blue, then when you add the effect of an outer glow it is whatever colour you specify. Whereas I want the Red 'A' with an outer glow that is Red and 'B' in Green with a green overlay etc. can this be done easily?

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get that effect, you'd have to create each letter as a separate text frame. InDesign cannot set character-level effects.

(That is, unless the Obi-wan magician can find a way with scripting. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

you can't apply effect on a character

My first suggestion would be to create outlines from text. You'll have separate elements and then be able to apply an effect on each of them. Easy, but you loose editability.

Or you place each letter in a separate text field (you may use the automatic length option).

Then cut/paste the entire field into a blank one.

Not very "clean" way, but it might do the trick.

abc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it might be the slow way. To make matters worse its along a curved path!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it sure is slow and tricky.

However curved path don't make things more difficult, it even prevents moving blocs vertically, what could be a mess up.

Note that using auto block resizing doesn't not automatically properly place following letters when editing a central letter. To "refresh" the document, you must do an action (move/delete...) on the path and then Ctrl+Z.

Hope that helps

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines