• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in problems after CC2017 update

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated (like a fool) to CC 2017 today and now my previous Plugins and Scripts are no longer there. I thankfully have CC 2015.5 still in my Applications folder so I checked the Plugins and Scripts and they are there. However, copying them across to CC 2017 doesnt seem to work. When you relaunch, they are not appearing.

Anyone know the correct procedure?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Hi,
InDesign CC 2017 will not support extensions based on Flash technology. Flash is deprecated with CC 2017. And the missing support for Flash could also extend to ExtendScript scripts that work with Flash in SctiptUI elements. If your old scripts or extensions rely on that, at least this kind of extensions cannot be installed anymore.

And real Plugins written in C++ need an update, because InDesign CC 2017 uses a new code base ( you cannot open a CC 2017 document with e.g. InDesign CC 2015 ).

Scr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
InDesign CC 2017 will not support extensions based on Flash technology. Flash is deprecated with CC 2017. And the missing support for Flash could also extend to ExtendScript scripts that work with Flash in SctiptUI elements. If your old scripts or extensions rely on that, at least this kind of extensions cannot be installed anymore.

And real Plugins written in C++ need an update, because InDesign CC 2017 uses a new code base ( you cannot open a CC 2017 document with e.g. InDesign CC 2015 ).

Scripts, that do not rely on Flash technology should work with CC 2017 as they worked with CC 2015.
At least you should see them in the Scripts panel, if you copy them over. If they can be successfully launched in CC 2017 will depend on target directives given in the code.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines