• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-Design CS5 Calendar Template Not Opening Correctly in In-Design CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a calendar template that was given to me but the file appears to not have been saved correctly or something is overriding the appearance of every other page in the file. It looks like it only effects every other page, and I've tried for weeks looking for an answer with no luck.

Here is my Dilemma.

Screenshot 1: This is the very beginning of document. Everything looks good.

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2: This is where "January" is supposed to be. You can see in the page preview on the right that this is clearly not what this looks like. Overriding master page does not resolve the issue.

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot 3: This is what it looks like if I scroll down through the pages using the side scroll, but the moment I release my left mouse button it shows the screenshot above.

Screenshot 3.png

I have never experienced this before in all my years of design, and am honestly dumbfounded as to how I can fix this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First of all, I would save/close/reopen the doc.

Then, if the problem still occurs, I would check if its not just a preview bug, hitting twice "W" for instance, to refresh the preview.

If not solved... dunno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attempted to save it in different file formats while opening with no luck. Problem still occurs. Hitting W to refresh the preview does not resolve the issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I had sort of similar bug once.

I managed to resolve it using this trick:

Create a brand new indd doc, with exact same settings than original (size, spreads, etc.)

Change the name of the A-Master page. Name should not be in use in the original doc.

Then copy all pages from original doc to the new one.

Delete first page and the useless Master page.

You might want to give it a try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but I can't copy the stuff over from the original doc because it just copies the front page rather then the month content. Strangest thing. The pages want to to be there, but the 1st page is always overriding it and placing itself over the other stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huh that is strange for sure...

Does it "copy" the first page when you copy only following pages ?

And what about deleting the first page, then recreate it? Assuming image is imported graphic, it shouldn't take long to give a try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meh, I've given up on it pretty much. Spent way too much time trying to figure this out. I've just deleted the copied front pagers and just imported months from another document. It's a shame I could not easily fix this as easily as just deleting a simple layer. Never messed with IDML type of documents before, which the template was given to me in. My guess it was created in CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines