• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync to mobile no progress shown

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to sync my catalog to the mobile app and see no progress indication anywhere that anything is happening. Catalog has about 9000 photos. How long can I expect sync to the iPad app to take? I'm on the latest CC version on Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have a look at the top left  Lr Desktop activity window and double check if you have the sync process started (or is paused) - see the screenshot below. -

Guido

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 10.10.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now paused it but before I paused it it showed no sign of progress. Should I see a progress percentage somewhere to let me know something is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Preferences-  [Ctrl+,]

Select the  tab.

ScreenShot297.jpg

The lower panel shows uploads/downloads info.

ScreenShot298.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I've now turned sync back on. The lower panel currently shows the same as your image (0 uploading 0 downloading)

the "specify location for lightroom mobile images" box is unchecked at the moment. Which leads to another question I have. Where are the images that appear on the iPad stored? how much space will 9000 photos use on the iPad? I assume only a small preview version lives on the local iPad storage space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've selected the location for lightroom mobile images on an external hard drive of my laptop. I still see zero progress activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the collection is in sync, close lightroom desktop/laptop and restart, the sync process will start again.

the location of the mobile images, is when you upload from web mobile the would be stored there. TIP when you  use a external drive from USB be sure the station letter is always the same for that drive and the drive must be connected to the laptop when there are files to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I've restarted lightroom, still nothing is happening.

The first time I synced with the mobile app things went without problem but I recently consolidated two catalogs into one which wiped out the mobile catalog which I'm now looking to sync from the start again. Not sure if that might have caused an issue with the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look at the CC app on the laptop, you can see there to if there is some progress

if nothing is there that tells you are sync, try to logout and login again on laptop and iPad.

(do you create a new collection? see you the collection folders on the iPad? did you create a collection on the iPad and see you this on the laptop? you can also login on your adobe account on the website and see if the pictures are in LR mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you double check within Lr Desktop if the sync is paused. You can do this within the top left identity plate - see attached screenshotScreen Shot 2016-09-02 at 10.10.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following this discussion because my question, started yesterday, is unanswered

LR no longer syncs with LR Mobile

So far I've done everything relevant and still have no way to designate collections for syncing. I created a new collection and saw where it asked "Sync to Mobile". I clicked yes. The collection was created, but no syncing occurred and there is not box. Still nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP here. Still haven't figured out anything about sync with the iPad. I made a mistake when consolidating two catalogs on my laptop and chose the wrong catalog as the "root", so the orignal catalog got deleted and sync with the ipad (which was working fine previously) was lost. Now I can't seem to be able to do anything to sync the new catalog to ipad. Trying to sync shows no activity at all.

Still have no idea how much space 10,000 photos would use on the ipad and how long this would take to sync up, if it ever starts working.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing I did when consolidating two catalogs was move the whole image file folders and lightroom catalogs to an external drive. Now that certainly might be part of the issue with things not connecting, but how do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer my own question, I found that the collections that were previously synched in the original catalog where no longer selected as synched, so nothing was being sent to mobile. Simply enabling mobile sync on collection folders solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information on your issue. It doesn't resolve mine because my LR isn't syncing anything. So, if the forum expert could please shift over to my open forum to see if a resolution can be found, I'd appreciate it. The first response ended with a question and my answer -- no further communication. Help!

Pat Birdsell

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This page helped me figure out the issue. May be helpful:

How to sync Lightroom desktop and the Lightroom mobile app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines