• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding a simulation into a Captivate Training

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m a new user hoping that one of you smart folks can help me. I’m using Captivate 3 and using the Software Training template that comes with it. As recommended, I am not including the Playback Control because I want my users to use the navigation buttons that are in the template. However, when they get to the software demonstration in one of my lessons, I do want playback controls to appear so they can play/pause.

I’ve looked at a few solutions including embedding by simulation as a SWF or linking to a different project, but nothing is working the way I want. Has anyone done this successfully?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there GiGiTi and welcome to our little patch of cyberheaven.

I would suggest splitting your project up as follows:
Module 1 ends just before the software demo starts
Module 2 is the software demo where you need playback bar
In module 1, set Edit/Preferences Start/End node to open other project on end and then select module 2 as the other project to open.

Shout back if not working or working or need more advice or confused etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2008 Jul 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I can't put the demo at the end of the project because my project is a group of lessons that the user can move around in. Right now I'm considering two solutions:
1. Convert the SWF of my demo to an FLV and embed the FLV with it's controls
2. Just launch the demo in a new window. However, I'd like the window to be sized correctly and not have toolbars.

I haven't been successful with either of these approaches. Does anyone have advaise either on the conversion or the JS?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Another route you could take if you do not want the playback bar in every slide is to NOT have a playback bar at all and simply build nav buttons in to the slides where you want the user to be able to navigate/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources