Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash install hassel

Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running 10.11.6 on my Macbook Air.   Tried to upload the flash upgrade as prompted while surfing on Safari.  It hangs up at 90%.  over and over. reboot and reboot.   followed all the adobe trouble shooting instructions.  Useless.    Uninstalled existing adobe flash player.   rebooted. hangs up at 90%  tried the offline version and it quits at about 5%.   WTF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're most likely experiencing the same issue reported at Adobe flash player​, How to fix Flash installation fails at 90% , and Adobe Flash Installer (version 23.0.0.185) hangs at 90% on my iMac​.  To verify, I'll need to review the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  and configure your system to obtain install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files for the Flash Player installation.  Repeat the installation until it returns the error so the logs captured are for the same installation attempt.  Upload both log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response Maria. Sigh, if it is the same problem, why is there not been a fix by adobe? I am not a computer geek, that is why I have a mac. Now I have to go do all this fiddly stuff to find and upload arcane logs to prove incompatibility with the existing OS system? And then do some more fiddly stuff to kluge a fix? I have already wasted 3 hours trying to get it to work, and I am not in the mood to futts with some more geek crap right now. I will do it this weekend. Guess I will abandon Safari in the meantime. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sigh, if it is the same problem, why is there not  been a fix by adobe?"

This is an issue with the computer's file system, not the Flash Player (or other software) installer.  Either the required tmp directory is missing, has wrong permissions, or a symlink to it is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the link to the requested files to hopefully fix the adobe flash problem.

I'm using Adobe Document Cloud. You can view my files by clicking on the link below:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/6e81baaf-7935-44e4-ba47-3cf3f6de0315 <https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/6e81baaf-7935-44e4-ba47-3cf3f6de0315>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dan,

Thank you very much. I am not a techie, however. I see that you were successful, but I have no idea what you did, or how you did it. I was happy I could follow the instructions to access the files I uploaded, but I need to know where the error is and what I need to do to correct it. If those are available, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HUH? I was not successful! . I still cannot successfully load the latest Flash player! I sent the files requested in the format requested to the upload center. I am waiting for a clear concise competent explanation of what needs to be done. Obviously since there are many people on this thread with the same problem, it is an Adobe compatibility problem and I sure wished there was another more reliable player to replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for posting the log file.  The error you are getting:

Oct 29 09:40:28 Dans-MacBook-Air installd[353]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX} {

NSFilePath = "/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX";

}

Oct 29 09:40:28 Dans-MacBook-Air installd[353]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

Oct 29 09:40:28 Dans-MacBook-Air installer[2328]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX}

Oct 29 09:40:28 Dans-MacBook-Air installd[353]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=2328, uid=0 (/usr/sbin/installer)

Is the error i suspected.  This is an error with the computer's file system, not Flash Player.  Please see Adobe flash player​, How to fix Flash installation fails at 90%​, and Adobe Flash Installer (version 23.0.0.185) hangs at 90% on my iMac for more information on this error and what other customers have done to fix their system.  Alternatively, you can contact Apple for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thank you. I am not yet sure yet whether or not I want to try to correct it myself, or contact Apple. I will keep you posted.

Thanks, again,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

I downloaded the new Mac OS Sierra, and Flash Player now works. It seems that’s the easiest work around.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with a fail at 90 percent. I installed OS X Sierra and then installed Flash Player without any problems. I think it may have something to do With El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines