• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported PDF endnote link-back feature?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have a PDF file act in the same way as an EPUB, where the endnotes link back to the text reference? The manual process of inserting anchors and hyperlinks to achieve this effect isn't practical for long publications.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert footnotes to endnotes | Peter Kahrel

This creates live, dynamic cross-references.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The conversion to endnotes had already been done with the very useful script, foot_to_end_dynamic.jsx, but this did not create the kind of link I referred to in my question. Yes, the note callout (superscript note reference) in the text redirects to the note text in the endnotes. I'm wanting to create a link back to text feature so that the person reading PDF can, like in an EPUB, return to the body of the text where the note callout appears. Is it possible to do this in a PDF without manually inserting text anchors and hyperlinks for each endnote?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines