• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8K rendering? 8192x4096

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are rendering frames this large disabled or something? Every time I try to render it fails... There is just some simple color corrections going on... 8bbc

I am trying to render to a tiff sequence at millions of colors...

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably running out of system resources. Simple color corrections can be incredible system resource hogs. Without knowing your system specs and version of AE down to the last decimal point and without a detailed workflow description it's going to be hard to point you to a solution.

If it's just color correction I would suggest Premiere Pro and Lumetri. It's very well supported and renders quite quickly on a compatible system. 8K is awfully big. I don't know of anything that can play that back in real time except some specialized multi monitor setups. Here's where workflow and project details would also help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its not system resources because it would crash on import rather than letting me do my corrections and then instantly failing on export. Seems like a lock out because it would mostly likely crash if you did not have a beefy system like me.

Anyway appears to be lifted in 2017... Same computer just AE 2017 and renders like a champ at 8192x4096

Also I am not asking for your opinion of 8K and what it can play back on... Stay on point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BernardDigital wrote:

Anyway appears to be lifted in 2017... Same computer just AE 2017 and renders like a champ at 8192x4096

I'm glad you got it working in the newer version! Yes, CC 2017 has had some big changes under the hood for working with larger sizes of projects. I expect the folks at Adobe are planning for even more advancements in that area for the next versions too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have the same problem in cc2017 and 2018. Need to render out 8717x3840 60fps. works all in preview(skip 2 frames quarter resolution), when I try to render out (or preview full res, wich I strictly avoid), crashes. works with 2d layers, as soon as I add glow or element,Trapcode stuff.... preview still fine but render crashes. any idea?

would more Vram on my GPU (currently gtx970 4gb) help? Thinking about getting a 1070 with 8gb quickly.

I´m on Mac. OS X 10.12.3

Pls help!!! Urgent!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your output settings? try to render an image sequence, see where it fails. is there an error message? isolate the issue one by one untill you get to the bottom of this. if possible, pre-render certain elements to make it easy to render the whole thing in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for fast reply.

tried that of course, doesn't even start, instant shut down.

just found this on creative cow and render seems to work that way!!

I will try and add elements/effects one by one to see how far I can push it.

[Mahmoud Jaber] "by doing the math you need minimum of 32 GB to render one second of the video. but After that AE will soon crash and stop rendering because you don't have enough memory buffer OR disk cache...
to solve this you can turn on the secret option in the preferences by holding shift + Edit > Preferences > General, the default value for "Purge every # frames during make movie" is zero, you need to change it according to your preferences and RAM. I would recommend a value between 5 - 10 in your case."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

secret menu saves the day. good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it`s down to open GL or CL. as soon as I add glow for example it crashes, even when applied to pre rendered comp.still happens when I switch Mercure engine for renders to cpu only.

have 6gb of ram, would more gram on cpu solve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your render settings? are you rendering through Ae or AME? check your project settings see if Software only makes a difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried both.. same problem. really don`t know how to get the full render.

Thinking about an online render service. never done that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved it by workaround. The 8k video needs to be split in 4x individual 4k clips and rotated anyway, so I export every 4k section individually. probably have to make sure baking all expressions before export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will There be a High 8K Resolution Render For Joker, Hero and Byleth 

because Hero and Joker doesn't look 8k and Byleth never had one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines