• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signing issue - validity at recipient side

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed a PDF file by local valid eCert (i.e. HK Post eCert) that supposes a valid one and general public able to counter check via HK Post's LDAP to verify, although signer PC able to receive "Signed and all signatures are valid", recipient side always prompted as "Signer's identity is unknown" and seems they should set signature verification preferences after searched the forum, thus any mean to simplify / automate the process if valid /public eCert used for document signing while I may issue the signed documents for lot of recipients and seems nightmare to told every to repeat the verification preferences in their Acrobat. Thanks.

Signature valid or invalid

Validating digital signatures, Adobe Acrobat

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the trust identities of Acrobat reader, seems root and intermediate are trusted by default and only action is to trust the user certificate, however, seems the process should repeated at our recipients if various documents issued between different signer, or let me know if it's known issue and need to accept at this stage. Many thanks.

rootca.pngintermediaCA.pnguserCert.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further check the error messages, seems it caused by "Revocation checks were not performed", please advise how to configure the revocation check at signer side that skips those invalid messages for recipients. Many thanksrevoke2.pngrevoke1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines