• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom activation/deactivation download problems.

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lightening strike to my house my computer(among other things) got fried.  I purchased a new computer and when I tried to install my Lightroom program on my new computer I ran into deactivation/activation issues.  Ok -contacted lightroom twice and both times they sent me a link which I downloaded and unzipped but when I try to install the program it says it needs CC Manager.  My version of lightroom is NOT CC and this was explained too them at adobe.  It is a hard install from a disc.  Please, any help with this would be appreciated.  I have a show coming up shortly and need those LR files. I have hundreds of hours tied up in that program since I have been using it since it first came out.  It doesn't help that I have Windows 10 on this new computer(as was my other computer which was only 8 months old) and even with the new modified version that was installed I still argue with it about issues. Please bring back windows 7.   I am only moderately computer literate with just enough knowledge to be dangerous.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

First you need to know which version of LR you were using. Download the correct version from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

If it was LR6, then it is the same installer for LR6 (standalone version) and CC2015 (subscription). The difference is the licensing model and if you have LR6 standalone serial you will be asked to enter it during the install. If you already installed it and it shows as CC trial, here's how to convert: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

The default instal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you need to know which version of LR you were using. Download the correct version from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

If it was LR6, then it is the same installer for LR6 (standalone version) and CC2015 (subscription). The difference is the licensing model and if you have LR6 standalone serial you will be asked to enter it during the install. If you already installed it and it shows as CC trial, here's how to convert: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

The default install always installs the Adobe Application manager as well - I'd not care about this. You may even remove it later if you don't have a subscription..

You do not need the disc to install, use the download - not matter if it is LR5 or LR6 ....

You do have a backup of your catalog and the images, do you?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will try this. Yes, it is version 6.  I am guessing that I have to install the manager program in order to complete the download/installation process?  Incidentially, when I first downloaded the standalone and it denied the activation serial number, it opened in a 30 day trial. Is this the same thing?  Can I convert that back to my regular version?  And yes, I run catalog backups every time I use the program. I will let you know if this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have your LR 6 serial it's easiest to enter it during the initial installation.

If not and it runs as CC trial, use the linked How to convert document to change the license model from CC/trial to standalone - there's no re-install needed.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines