• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Cinema 4D Lite fail every time I update to a new AE?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting old. This is at least the 3rd AE update that, once updated refuses to open projects with Cinema 4D files or even start a new one. Same error every time.

After Effects: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SCeneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure
(5027 :: 12 )

How can you not have fixed this?

And yes, I have everything possible running in Administrator mode. Doesn't help.

I should not have to spend hours searching forums and posting on them to update your software. Any new version always comes with as much dread as excitement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

It seems if I go in a delete the 14.0 folder from AppData/Roaming it will work and force a rebuild.
I looked up what I had to do last time. Is that really the procedure it takes to fully update this software? twice in a row?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems if I go in a delete the 14.0 folder from AppData/Roaming it will work and force a rebuild.
I looked up what I had to do last time. Is that really the procedure it takes to fully update this software? twice in a row?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this with AE 2017 please? I just updated and everything else plug ins and all are working fine, apart from C4D lite.

i open it up ok but when I go back to AE nothing is there, I am using my same workflow so have they changed some thing in the settings? Am I doing something wrong or is it because the update is messing things up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone know if C4D lite is working with AE 2017 please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the preference folder for AE and it seemed to work after that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. so there is a problem and its not me messing things up lol

where is the pref folder please? (on mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac: user_name/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/14.0

just delete that and reopen After Effects. It will rebuild it and it worked from me from that point on. Now granted I'm on a PC so I hope it works the same for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks will give it a try. once again thanks for taking the time to reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure. So many people have helped me I'm glad to have a chance to pass it on. Hope it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day Veldryn. Where on windows is the preference folder please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open your preferences, in the General section, it has a button to "Reveal Preferences in Explorer".

Anyway, it should be something like C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\VERSIONNUMBER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting and rebuilding the After Effects Preferences ABSOLUTELY DID NOT WORK!  I can't believe that Maxon and Adobe haven't fixed this problem ...  it's been going on for years now!  THE PROBLEM:  After updating Cinema 4D (this time using the "hot fix" update for C4D R22 that installed with After Effects version 17.5), I get the After Effects: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: Cineware AliveThread - Execute failed. Changing the Cineware renderer "options" restarting AE and purging memory and cache had NEVER WORKED.  I hope that deleting and rebuilding AE's preferences would finally be a solution.... it wasn't.  The only way for C4D to upgrade is if the "upgrade" is installed when After Effects is installed. Upgrading C4D using the C4D upgrade DOES NOT WORK!  C'MON... I teach VFX courses and am going to have to eliminate C4D from the VFX workflow if this doesn't get fixed because students can't have their software corrupted in the middle of a project. PLEASE HELP!  Also, don't post a "solution"  until you have tried it yourself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines