Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save a edited pdf-File

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first sorry for my english 🙂

Since the last updates of Adobe Acrobat DC, i have a problem with saving documents.

I got the existing document from an other person. When i open it and edit the document and then i press the save button, it

always comes the message:

The document could not be saved. The document is copyright or is in use at an other user. Save the document with a different

name or in an other folder.

Befor the last updates, i had never this problem. Nothing is today different (PC, Apps,...) and there is no other user.

And this is on every pdf-file i get from all persons (different). I know the function to lock the document and others.

But its not locked and 20 different companys that send me pdf-files could not change their behaviour from one day to another.

Its pretty annoying to change always the name and search for the right folder, instead of "save the changes".

It must be a problem with the update, which changed something in the settings?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kikibec,

Please confirm if it happens with other files too as it could be a file specific issue.

Also please share the screenshot of the error you receive and you may refer to the link below for the same:

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? 

Also if you could please share a sample file to check at my end.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Supriya!

Thanks for you fast answer.

I made a Screenshot and i could send also one file to typ out the same.

(Its on German)
But where can i post a file and a pic here?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot001.jpg

I found it, I had only to read your link 🙂

Here the pic.

But where can i send a document?

I have this problem on all pdf files now. Before the last updates, never. I can only Save as... and not save only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kikibec,

Thank you for all the information.

Please check the private message I am sending to you to share the file.

Regards,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kikibec,

If you are getting this error when saving all or any of your pdf files saved locally on your computer it could be because of the Windows preview.

Sometimes if the preview pane is turned on in your Windows explorer, and you try to save a file in Acrobat after editing, it will give an error that the file is in use by another user. So try turning off the windows preview pane and then check if you are still facing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines