• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 update Lightroom - conflict with Nik software

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening an image in Nik via Lightroom, the edited version does not open back into lightroom with the edits applied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

I haven't seen any "Save As" buttons in the Nik plug-ins. If the sort order in Lightroom is set to "Added order" then the image that is returned from the Nik plug-in will be displayed to the end of the film strip and not next to the original file. I always like to work in file name order so that images edited in other software will be displayed next to the original. And Lightroom always seems to default to "Added order" whenever I import new images. So I have to remember to switch the order when

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are done editing in Nik, you need to be performing a "Save" and not a "Save As..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't seen any "Save As" buttons in the Nik plug-ins. If the sort order in Lightroom is set to "Added order" then the image that is returned from the Nik plug-in will be displayed to the end of the film strip and not next to the original file. I always like to work in file name order so that images edited in other software will be displayed next to the original. And Lightroom always seems to default to "Added order" whenever I import new images. So I have to remember to switch the order whenever I import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines